In a sense, newer versions of certain products are supposed to be better. But will it hold true with Netgear R6300v2 vs R6400 vs R6700 vs R7000 routers?
With thorough inspection and market analysis, we bring you a full comparison of each Netgear routers. Not only by their specs but also with their customer reviews starting from each one’s release date.
NETGEAR R6300v2 Dual Band Gigabit
NETGEAR R6300v2 is a dual band router, compatible with WIFI protocols 802.11 A/C, a/b/g/n. It is one of the most affordable, yet competitive WIFI routers out on the market.
- Speed. The router can reach up to 1300 Mbps of speed with its 5 GHz, with a separate 450 Mbps with its 2.4 GHz.
- USB Ports. It is designed with 2 USB ports, version 3.0 and 2.0. With these ports, you can share your data or media files with the network.
- Connectivity Strength. The router is equipped with Beamforming+ technology that boosts connectivity strength to a certain device. This also improves stability and reliability.
- Power. It is powered by a dual-core processor at 800Mhz. It also is supported by 256 MB of RAM to help support a multitude of devices seamlessly.
- Range. Although it has a decent range, it is not that impressive compared to the other routers on this list.
NETGEAR R6400 is a more advanced version of R6300v2 that offers more features and capability. It is a dual band Wi-Fi router that can offer a long range of connectivity.
- Speed. The router’s speed is measured at 450+1300 Mbps. The dual band also operates simultaneously, providing the better connection to multiple wireless devices.
- Range. The actual range of a router is actually hard to determine, considering that there are multiple factors that can affect its strength. But as reviews have mentioned, the signal strength is good within 5,500 Square feet.
- Features. The router also Beamforming+ that strengthens signals and uses 802.11 A/C protocol.
- USB ports. It has 2 USB ports that can be used for your printer and to share your files within your network.
- Security. It has more improved parental controls, a separate guest network access, and the standard WPA/WPA2 wireless security.
- Affordability. The price of R6400 is somewhat a little expensive.
NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750
Highly recommended by customer reviews, the NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 is one of the top-rated dual band routers out there. It has an easy setup and is quite affordable.
- Speed. With its dual band, the router has speeds of 450 Mbps for its 2.4 GHz and 1300 Mbps for its 5 GHz.
- Range. There may not be an approximate range coverage of its signal, but it claims to have better range than the R6400 and R6300.
- Prioritization. The router has included advanced features that can help gamers with reduced lag.
- Security. The router includes features and configurations for a more secured network. This includes Disney Smart parental controls and a Security Denial-of-Service attack prevention.
- Easy-Setup. Does not require complicated steps for it to work.
- USB ports. This router only holds a single USB 3.0 port.
NETGEAR R7000 Nighthawk AC1900
NETGEAR R700 Nighthawk AC1900 may be an expensive Wi-Fi router, but it is considered as one of the best-valued products out on the market. Its compatibility with other devices and various software is exceptional, making it very easy to use.
- Speed. The router has a combined speed of 1900 Mbps, coming from its 2.4 GHz speed of 600 Mbps and 5 GHz speed of 1300 Mbps.
- Features. The router has an enabled voice command that allows users to manage and control their home network.
- Power. It is powered by a dual-core processor at 1 GHz for faster execution of commands.
Security. Aside from having improved parental controls, your network is also protected from Denial of service (DoS) attacks.
- Ease-of-Use. The router is easy to install and has a friendly user interface.
- Firmware. Alternative firmware such as DD-WRT takes a little complication to install.
Netgear R6300v2 vs R6400: Comparison
With Netgear R6300v2 vs R6400, there are notable differences that can mean a better choice for a consumer such as yourself. But before delving into their differences, let’s take a quick look at their similarities.
For one, they have the same combined speed of 1750 Mbps, which is nice. They also both have Beamforming+ tech that improves connectivity strength.
They again have 2 USB ports which are a helpful feature in sharing files. Lastly, they are both powered by a dual-core 800 Mhz processor.
Proceeding to their differences, the R6400 seems to have longer coverage range than that of the R6300v2. It also has a better security, and that includes your parental controls.
Let us not forget its price which is twice as much as R6300v2. Lastly, R6400 comes with a Nighthawk App that helps users to easily manage their router with their mobile device. So, with that in mind, R6400 is the better router but comes with a doubled price.
Netgear R6400 vs R6700: Who is the Winner?
Between Netgear R6400 vs R6700, there are quite a number of differences that people often overlook. It may not matter much to those inexperienced in networking, but it does when dealing with a myriad of wireless devices.
Their price difference doesn’t seem much, with just around $20 difference in favor of R6700. The feature and specs are where it really comes down to.
Starting with their power, the R6400 runs on a dual-core 800 Mhz processor. The R6700 is operated by a more powerful dual-core processor, running at 1 GHz.
This difference may be noticeable when playing media files through their USB ports. Speaking of USB ports, the R6400 has two while the R6700 has only one.
Other notable differences are their range. R6700 is said to have longer coverage area, thanks to its detachable antennas.
The R6400 do have antennas but aren’t detachable, so replacing them might not be an option. Lastly, the R6700 features a prioritized bandwidth.
An extremely helpful option for gamers to reduce lags. So, to sum up, R6700 is the better router between the two.
Netgear R6400 vs R7000: Which One to Choose?
Comparing Netgear R6400 vs R7000 is somewhat similar when compared to the Netgear 6700. The difference is that the R7000 is much more expensive and offers more features and capability. This time, however, R6400 gets the price advantage of around $30 in difference.
Much like the R6700, the R7000 is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core processor compared to the 800 Mhz dual-core of R6400. Speed, on the other hand, the R700 is capable of delivering of up to 1900 Mbps of combined speed.
R6400 falls short at 1750 Mbps. It also falls lower in terms of range, since the R7000 is claimed to have the best coverage range between all four of the routers on this list.
With the question of which one to choose, it will depend on your budget. If you can afford a little extra, then by all means choose R7000. It is far more superior, and tens of thousands of customers seem to agree.
Netgear R6700 vs R7000: What is the Difference?
The difference between Netgear R6700 vs R7000 is like comparing the same wireless routers, with the exception of a few notable differences. Don’t let the numbers fool you however, the distinctions between these two are still worth noting. Especially when dealing with fast internet speeds and a good number of wireless devices.
Apart from the obvious price difference of around $50 in favor of R6700, the R7000 provides better range and better speed. R7000 comes with AC1900 Wi-Fi that can deliver speeds of 600 and 1300 Mbps simultaneously.
R6700 only can go up to 450 and 1300 Mbps. Other notable difference is their USB ports. R6700 falls short with 1 USB 3.0 port, while the R7000 is equipped with one USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 ports.
To sum up, the differences really are really not that big of a deal. That is unless your ISP is going over the speeds of around 600 Mbps, which in this case the R7000 is the best option you’re your network.