- This DEWALT power tool has a limited range of speed options.
- It uses a keyless ratcheting non-metallic chuck measuring about half an inch.
- An 18v NiCd battery powers this drill.
- It weighs 4.7 lbs.
- This 18v cordless drill is portable.
- The strength of this drill is based on the operation of a motor which generates about 380 unit watts out.
- It comes with a carrying bag, a charger, and an extra battery.
- The extra battery should come in handy
- Decent chuck for a wide range of applications
- It’s great for mild task which homeowners would find appealing
- It doesn’t take that long to charge the NiCd batteries
- The NiCd battery doesn’t store sufficient charge
- NiCd batteries suffer from the memory effect which is a serious problem
- It’s not quite lightweight
- Plastic body of the drill and charger doesn’t inspire confidence
- Using this tool generates a lot of noise
What Do Customers Say in Reviews
The DEWALT DC970K-2 has enjoyed sufficient of patronage. Customer reports have shown overwhelming positive reviews with a substantial amount of negatives to go with that. A lot of the positive feedbacks are centered on the portability of the cordless drill and its power. The negatives revolve around the NiCd batteries not holding sufficient charge for long. Also, the use of plastic in making certain parts where are susceptible to getting worn out has been identified as a major concern. However, this model remains a favorite among several DIY enthusiasts.
The DEWALT DC970K-2 is a power tool many homeowners will appreciate. It might not be the best cordless drill available due to certain features like the use of NiCd batteries and a non-metallic chuck. However, for the small tasks you might require a drill driver for, this compact drill should be okay.