Ergonomic chairs have become the preferred choice in office furniture because of their benefits on posture and health. Luckily, there are good budget office chairs that should be able to provide that comfort.
However, with so many on the market, it can be hard to choose the best value for your money. This is why we’ve done our research and picked the best cheap ergonomic chairs based on customer feedback and reviews.
AmazonBasics | The Best Cheap Model
At first glance, this high-back executive chair from the Amazon brand already looks luxurious. So much that you’d never guess it’s a cheap desk chair. It sports that high-end look with padded seats and backrest upholstered in bonded black leather and PVC.
More than the look, it comes with adjustment features. A seat-height adjustment, 360-degree swivel and rolling casters that move smoothly. You can also adjust the tilt tension, to set the spring’s tension you find most comfortable.
Moreover, while this may be a cheap office chair it’s actually sturdy. It can hold up to 250lbs. in weight. So overall, with an affordable price and high-end build, this is easily our pick for best office chair within the $100 range.
- Luxurious design. For a budget option, it doesn’t look cheap at all. It is well built, sturdy and looks great with its material. It beats most nice cheap office chairs in the market.
- Excellent material. The combination of bonded leather and PVC provides both tensile strength and comfort. Moreover, bonded leather doesn’t fade or crack easily and is easier to maintain. This is a lot better than synthetic leather used in any cheap task chair.
- Affordable price. Despite its excellent build and comfort, it comes at an affordable just a little over $100.
- Adjustment features for comfort. You can easily adjust the seat’s height and tilt to allow the most comfortable position. Moreover, instead of a tilt lock, this seat has a tilt tension adjustment. It lets you decide the spring’s tension that feels best for you as you rest your back.
- Good weight capacity. It can hold up to 250lbs in weight.
- Full leather material. While this can be a plus in looks, the material lacks a level of breathability. This could make it unsuitable for some environments.
- Permanent armrests. Armrests aren’t to match ergonomics for hand activities, particularly when using the mouse with your PC.
LCH Ergonomic Computer Desk | Affordable Model under $150
LC Home tends to be a go-to brand for good quality affordable furniture. When it comes to their high-end back mesh office chair, this brand delivers too.
This ergonomic office chair considers breathability with its mesh backrest while also offering excellent support. In addition, its seat cushion also features a mesh center for breathability with a waterfall front edge for leg comfort.
The seat’s adjustment mechanism features air-pressured control that allows easy adjustment while seated. As for tilt, it has a simple lever that lets you decide on tilt level for comfort. Finally, you can also adjust tilt tension using the knob beneath the seat.
This office chair is well built and sturdy with a heavy-duty base that can take up to 250lbs of weight. As would any good office chair, it has 360-degree swivel and smooth-rolling casters for mobility.
Over-all these comfort features designed into an elegant look make it the best affordable office desk chair under $200.
- Breathable and comfortable design. Many customers appreciate both the breathable material and comfortable overall design. Reviews note that the seat as well as headrest are also comfortable and work well with the overall design.
- Air-Pressured (Pneumatic) Control. This feature allows you to easily and comfortably adjust seat height level while seated.
- Multiple adjustment options. Apart from seat height, you have the option to adjust tilt level and tension through its lever and knob.
- Sturdy material. A well-built chair made of sturdy yet comfy material. Plus, many customers note how easy it is to assemble too. The chair doesn’t feel cheap at all.
- Excellent combination of aesthetics and ergonomics. It considers both comfort and elegance in design.
- Low arm rests. The armrest level may not be for everyone, some customers feel that it’s too low.
- Less padded areas. Some people may prefer to have more padding in their seat; the chair’s material is more mesh than a cushion.
Space Seating Airgrid Dark Back | Best Desk Chair under $200
Simple yet functional and comfortable, this SPACE seating is one of the top-rated budget computer chairs in the market.
This seat features a sleek professional look upholstered with bonded leather with a mesh backrest. This means a comfortable cushion as you seat and a breathable material to rest your back on.
Along with that, adjustment features for the best ergonomics include a one-touch pneumatic height adjustment and 2-to-1 Synchro Tilt Control.
The SPACE Seating Professional AirGrid’s 2-to-1 Synchro Tilt Control feature provides adjustment options for tilt tension and level. As for armrests, it has PU padded armrests designed for optimum comfort and mobility.
Finally, as should be with any marketed manager chair, this seat also features 360-degree swivel and smooth rolling caster.
- Excellent Material. Especially when compared to other chairs in the same price range, this seat definitely stands out. It features high-quality materials including the use of eco bonded-leather instead of the cheap synthetic option.
- Durable and built to last. Its materials and make feel sturdy and heavy duty. Including its angled nylon base. Moreover, the product comes with solid warranty coverage. This includes a 5-year warranty for non-moving parts, 2 years for mechanisms and 1-year for its fabric and foam.
- Sleek yet somewhat unorthodox design. It shines in some level of uniqueness without looking unprofessional. Moreover, its high-quality materials make it look comparable to higher priced models.
- Comfort and breathability. Designed with excellent ergonomic features along with comfortable and breathable material. It’s an ideal affordable office chair for back pain.
- Size does not fit all. Some shorter users find the backrest lacking in height.
- Sensitive assembly. The assembly comes with a warning to be cautious about tightening parts during assembly. The mechanism may end up too loose when there are misses in assembly.