If you are a music lover and love to dance on the fine tunes then it is very important to get jostle up with the loud sounds. Especially if you want a concert like an experience then it is good to choose the vocal effects pedals. What is important is to go through the quality and the effects that are provided in a professional manner by these pedals. Given below are the top 10 vocal effects pedals 2018. They will help in giving you the best of a lifetime experience. Simply check out the products that suit your requirements.
- 1 Top-Rated Vocal Effects Pedals
- 2 TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-G XT Vocal Effects Processor
- 3 TC-Helicon Play Acoustic
- 4 TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3
- 5 TC Helicon Mic Mechanic
- 6 TC-Helicon Ditto Looper Pedal
- 7 BEHRINGER REVERB MACHINE RV600
- 8 BEHRINGER ECHO MACHINE EM600
- 9 TC-Helicon Guitar & Vocal Pedal
- 10 Boss VE-20 Vocal
- 11 Digitech VLFX Live Performance
- 12 Vocal Effects Pedal/Processor – What Does it Do?
- 13 Who Needs a Vocal Effects Processor?
- 14 What to Look for when Buying Vocal Effects Pedals or Processors?
Top-Rated Vocal Effects Pedals
TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-G XT Vocal Effects Processor
One of the best vocal effects pedals with the superb guitar controlled quality and a harmonious algorithm that comes with 2 more kinds of flagship processor. You are able to get the correct amount of harmony and parts. The delay combinations in the vocal and guitar output will help you get the proper features. There is a facility of the good vocal processor with the USB system for software and get the preset management and voice support applications.
- VoiceTone Harmony-G XT is one of the best vocal processors for singers. It offers 10 presets with A and B switch options. Perfect for switching from a straight voice to a voice doubler, or any of the vocal effects that your performance may require.
- Loved by the majority of its users and hated by a very few. With an overall product rating of 86%, you can be assured of a high-quality voice processor. The goodness of it is also reflected by many positive customer reviews.
- It features a NaturalPlay guitar-controlled harmony algorithm. This enables stacking of 2 or more voices. This provides better harmony and vocal effect.
- This machine is considered as one of the best vocal harmonizer pedals by solo artists. It is said it adds “spice” to their solo act performances.
- The machine includes a USB port for its software updates and a preset management.
- Very easy to carry around with a small box-type design and a weight of only 2 pounds.
- Though it is easy to use, it will require a slightly steep learning curve. Beginners are advised to have a little patience with this device.
- Compared to other competitors, customization is not enough and does not offer enough effects for a variety of styles.
TC-Helicon Play Acoustic
Get ready with the effects for guitar in the most professional manner with the tone of natural sounding. The vocal harmonies give a proper effect on your guitar and make you enhance the FX styles with the features of flashback delay, corona chorus pedals etc. The TC-Helicon cheap effects pedal will help you get the amazing voice filtering quality with the impeccable acoustic tone of the guitar. The reverb effects processor comes with the notch filter and the phase controls with the separate vocal and the outputs of a guitar with the blend of stereo.
- If you want to add cool vocal effects on your guitar playing, this machine is probably one of your best options. It features Guitar FX styles from TC Electronics’ Hall of Fame Reverb. It also has Corona Chorus and Flashback Delay.
- It is one of TC Helicon’s vocal processor with BodyRez filtering, Onboard EQ, and DI for a superb acoustic guitar tone.
- Improve your performances with its Guitar feedback-proofing. On top of that, it has a notch filter and phase controls feature.
- You can separate vocal and guitar outputs, unlike its competitors. You could also use it as a stereo mix and have a nice recording with your preamp.
- It features a loop mode that enables solo artist or performers to bring more life to their performances.
- As you may have noticed, this machine is built by a brand well-known for music gadgets. That being said, the tone of your voice and other instruments will follow your configurations accurately.
- This vocal looping pedal has but a very short loop timer. You probably need to practice it more often to get better results.
- It is not a cheap product when comparing it to other effects processors & pedals that are out on the market.
TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3
This multi-effects pedal is highly recommended and affordable with the electronic tone print styles and the amp tones. The multi-looper facility comes with the great song creation and storage. With the dedicated amount of discrete outputs, it gives a proper live streaming and monitoring of the guitar. The PA output with the immense amount of sound modulation makes it the great voice live for live performance. It helps in offering the great amount of the professional feel to the performance in front of the live audience. It is one of the top-rated vocal effects with special recognition to the amount of music that one listen.
- Yet another TC Helicon vocal stompbox that is well-received by its customers. Just by the brand itself, you know you’re getting a good-quality product.
- This machine could be your go-to harmonizer pedal during your recording or performances. It has a complete guitar multi-effects with the brand’s Electronic Tone Print styles and Amp Tones.
- The product has a dedicated stereo PA outputs, including separate ones for your stereo guitar and monitoring.
- This voice processor features a multi-looper function for your chorus or verse that is stored on its onboard storage.
- This machine offers multiple voices and guitar effects that includes Vocoder/Synth. Unlike most of its competitors, they usually provide less than half of what VoiceLive 3 can offer.
- You can store for up to 500 preset harmonies. This is way more than what you’ll need during performances or recordings.
- The product is not exactly cheap and will cost you under $600.
- The product is rather large for a small backpack with its dimensions of 10.6 x 5.9 x 20.3 inches. It also packs a little weight at around 7.34 pounds.
- You will need to buy a separate pedal if you want to enjoy its multiple effects and features.
TC Helicon Mic Mechanic
One of the high-quality reverb pedal with the pitch correction and delays that will come with the adaptive tone and perfect to mix variations in the sound quality. It is quite easy to use and provide the user with the instant amount of effect. The rugged amount of construction and the sound performance is very good. It is the reason that the product is most popular among the harmony pedal.
- TC Helicon Mic Mechanic is one of the smallest gadgets that can offer you one of the best quality Reverbs, Delays and pitch correction.
- Unlike most of its competitors with complicated features and functions, this one makes use of simple controls with a few buttons and a dial with instant effect.
- This machine is built with rugged all-metal construction for durability, especially when used outdoors.
- It is a voice processor that you can bring with you anywhere or anytime with its compact design. The dimensions are 6.4 x 3.4 x 5.7 inches. It also weighs only around 1.5 pounds, making it extremely convenient if your touring solo.
- This product is the perfect digital vocal effects for users who focus more on singing or instrument playing rather than extreme effects manipulation.
- This may not be the best vocal processor for recording a mix of different tunes and tones, but it is definitely one of the best reverb for vocals.
- This machine is not meant for those who are looking for the best multiple vocal fx or mic effects. It is a live pitch correction gadget, focusing more on reverbs, delays and of course pitch correction.
TC-Helicon Ditto Looper Pedal
Quite a simple looper pedal which is highly effective for the vocals, as well as the mic instruments, help in providing you with the beatboxers and great singers that come with the layering effects. There is an extra amount of volume control with the live voice performance and can easily undo the layered up vibrations. It is the top-rated brand which is easy to use. As per the customer reviews, one can easily be able to get the best experience.
- Another TC Helicon to add to your collection. This one is one of the brand’s best vocal looping machines. Unlike other voice loopers on the market, this one is so easy to use. Even an amateur can make use of it with ease.
- Unlike many of its competitors with a short timer on loops, this one has an approximate 5 minutes loop length. It also comes with an unlimited overdub.
- Aside from being a good voice effects device, it is its inexpensive price of just under $100. That is twice less than most of its competitors that offer the same essential features.
- The product is extremely portable with its compact size of 7 x 6 x 3.5 inches. It also is lightweight at only 1.5 pounds. It can even fit right into your pockets if need be.
- This voice loop machine is one of the most recommended gadgets for solo artists.
- It is no doubt a good vocal loop pedal, but it doesn’t offer any other effects compared to its competitors which are able to offer more aside from a loop effect.
- This machine does not have a built-in memory and will erase any loop tunes that were stored while it was on.
BEHRINGER REVERB MACHINE RV600
One of the best brands that help in supporting one with the classic reverb and with the touch of a footswitch, you can get the amazing experience. With the state of the art technology and DSP environments, it can be availed at best price. The algorithms that come with the sophisticated emulsions will offer you with the spring and echo sounds. The blue colored LED lights that are incorporated will offer you with great results. The battery check and sound shaping facility provide one with the awesome sound shaping facility. The great amount of battery check will offer you with great effectiveness.
- BEHRINGER RV600 should be on top of your list. If good reverb is what you’re after. It has the capability to deliver reverbs from the classic type of high-end studio type.
- One of the best features of this vocal reverb unit is its ease-of-use. With minor configurations and just a step of the pedal, you’ll be able to focus more on your performance.
- With its RSM (Real Sound Modeling) feature, you will be able to combine state-of-the-art DSP technology to help with your preferred acoustic environment.
- You can power this machine using a 9V battery. Extremely convenient for those who don’t have access to power outlets.
- You can shape your tunes with a dedicated mix, decay, type, tone, time, and trails control to a sound you prefer.
- It is unquestionably one of the cheapest vocal processing pedals out there at under $50. Perfect for beginners who want to add a little flavor to their performances.
- Durability may be in question as expected from a cheap product. Although the sounds and performance are exceptional, some crucial parts are made of plastic. You may want to purchase additional hardware to keep it enclosed or protected.
- This product is not recommended for experienced musicians. You may want to spend a little bit more when you want top-quality effects and structure.
BEHRINGER ECHO MACHINE EM600
With the great combination of real sound modeling and the state of the art DSP technology, the guitar effects pedal with the dedicated amount of model and acoustic environments produce a variety of sounds. Also, ithelpsp in delivering a plethora of the sound effects. The loop pedal design with the awesome sound quality imparts the complete sound shaping and help in extending the battery life with the blue LED check status. One can simply get the real experience of a professional with the good effects and higher rates of performance.
- Not the best-rated, but definitely one of the good ones. It provides users tape, analog, and digital delay effects. With an affordable price, it is perfect for beginners to try out.
- Same with BEHRINGER’s RV600, it can be powered by a 9V battery. This makes it conveniently portable for you to play whenever and wherever.
- It has a box-type design with easy to use buttons, dials, and pedal. With just a little practice, you can get the most out of this vocals effects box and enhance your performances.
- With its vast special sonic palette, users can go wild with echo effects over and over again.
- This echo machine features 11 different delays including “ping-pong”, “reverse”, “tracking”, “slap”, “sweep”, and more others.
- Pocket-fit with its compact design of 2.8 x 2.1 x 4.8 inches.
- This little machine is very well-received by its customers with an overall product rating of 82%.
- Although the configurations and knobs are easy to use and follow, it can be too sensitive and mess up your settings with just a little twitch.
- Expect the product to be made of plastic. It is considerably cheap after all.
TC-Helicon Guitar & Vocal Pedal
The professional vocal processor with a lot of effects and voice tone facility one is able to get enhanced with the natural sound and guitar FX styles. These will impart you with the impeccable amount of guitar tone. The TC electronic style of filtering and the onboard equalizer will help in guarding and providing you with the natural sounding and professional vocal effects.
- This TC-Helicon Pedal Board is made not only for a vocalist but also guitarists who want to add cool effects to their tunes. It has BodyRez Filtering and Onboard EQ that makes your voice and guitar tone sound awesome.
- This product is made by a distinguished compressor pedal manufacturer which basically makes it a high-quality and a well-thought-out product.
- It also is a harmonizer pedal that features natural sounding vocal harmonies that is essentially guided by your guitar.
- The machine so far has outstanding customer reviews and is highly recommended even by professionals. If you want to make good on the music industry, might as well start off with one of the best vocal guitar pedals.
- It is equipped with the brand’s TC electronic vocal processor which is recognized by some musicians due to its top-notch performance.
- The product may not be for those on a budget since it does cost under $300. It may cost twice as much as some of the BEHRINGER products but is also arguably twice as good. It offers better features and sound manipulation.
- It is not made for beginners since a configuration is a little bit complicated. That is Comparing it to most of its box-type competitors with just a few knobs and a dial.
Boss VE-20 Vocal
The Boss loop station comes with the special amount of effects that include the reverb style, harmony and double track. It generally creates a total of 3 part harmonies and layers. One can easily buy it at an affordable cost. There is a special FX with the proper facility of distortion and modulation. The good quality sound and perfect look will make you get the awesome experience with prices that are within your budget.
- According to some vocal processor reviews, this product has one of the best vocal processing software out on the market. Specialized sound effects include reverb, delay, double-track, and harmony.
- VE 20 vocal processor makes it easy to create loops and layers with its onboard phrase looper including real-time looping. If you want to wow your audiences with some beatboxing or doo-wops, this might be the product suited for you.
- This vocal loop machine can be powered by an AC adapter or double-A batteries. You can use it anytime and anywhere.
- What makes Boss VE 20 vocal effects processor top-rated is its ease-of-use. You don’t need complicated configurations or settings to make it work. Just simply do your thing and it will do the rest.
- It is designed with solid metal construction and is guaranteed to last for a very long time.
- This voice effects pedal is not cheap. If you are on a budget, we suggest you consider products from BEHRINGER or TC Helicon.
- The instructions that come with it is a little difficult to understand as mentioned by some of its reviews.
Digitech VLFX Live Performance
This Digitech and perfect quality vocal effects that come with the proper amount of studio quality functions at a level that will offer you with the maximum amount of compression. As per the comparison and the consumer reports you are able to receive the automatic amount of suppression in the feedback. The software with the present management both for the PC and Mac will help in providing you with complete amount of satisfaction. The live adapt effects control will offer you with the modulation and the distortion facility. As per the review on the market, the product comes with a good rating and complete warranty.
- VLFX is capable of delivering vocal effects such as Harmony, Modulation, Reverb, Delay, Pitch, and Distortion. For a musician, that is most of what you’ll need to get your show running.
- The product is equipped with Live Adapt Effects Control with a 70-second looper. You can create your own harmonies and/or loops on the spot during your performances.
- VLFX is what a standard studio quality sounds like. It may not be cheap, but you get what you pay for and that is high-quality sound effects.
- The product is capable of dbx compression and dbX Automatic feedback compression.
- The product has the capability to automatically detect your tempo, key and even scale and adjust it live. It’s basically like an autotune pedal that offers so much more once you learn more from it.
- This pitch shifter voice processor is very easy to use with just a click of a button and a step on the pedal.
- It has an anti-feedback button which is extremely helpful to eliminate or at least reduce feedback incidents, especially when using some microphone effects.
- Although it is considered a good vocal harmonizer pedal, the preset management software isn’t compatible with Windows 10. An upgrade to its firmware is needed.
Vocal Effects Pedal/Processor – What Does it Do?
There is so much a user can do with a vocal effects processor when put in the right hands. Depending on how creative and how curious he/she is, the sky is the limit.
A vocal effects pedal/processor is a digital device that is widely used in almost all genres in the industry. It basically adds special effects to sounds such as echo, voice doubling, reverb, delay and more. The best thing about its function is that a musician can make use of these effects during live performances. One notable thing you can do with it is that you can make your solo performance sound like a full-band. That is considering you know how to use your harmonies and loops.
Here’s a little something to ponder about:
The use of a vocal effects processor can be addictive. Considering that a bad singer can make his/her voice sound so good with a feature called pitch correction. With a little exposure and good knowledge of a vocal effects processor, there is a chance you might just be the next big thing. Very low chances mind you, but chances nonetheless.
Who Needs a Vocal Effects Processor?
Literally, anyone who has the passion for singing can make good use of a vocal effects processor. With multiple features and voice effects it can offer, vocalists may enhance their singing two-fold. Now, even bad or average singers have the chance to deliver a performance of a lifetime, with a little help Auto-Tune of course.
To simply put, any performing vocalist may require the help of a vocal effects processor. Even the best singers can’t deliver the perfect pitch all the time especially on a higher octave. That’s where these digital effects can be of help.
There might be some criticisms thrown your way since you’re using a special tuner, but don’t be too disheartened by it. Even successful artists seek the help of these vocal effects processors. As long as it makes the music sound good and the performance awesome, there’s really no harm using it.
What to Look for when Buying Vocal Effects Pedals or Processors?
There are a lot of vocal effects processor currently out on the market. The only thing that really matters is what you can do with it. Some are specialized to provide you certain effects, some are more focused solely on your voice, and some are more on plugins. You might want to know more about these pedals or processors before purchasing one.
Not all voice enhancer gadgets are able to provide you with pitch correction. It is a crucial sound effect that popularized by some of the most famous singers. These include Kanye West, T-Pain, and Ke$ha. If you’re wondering how an average sounding artist can make tunes sound so good, there is a high chance auto-tune is used. This is basically pitched correction. Its main function is automatically fixed tunes that aren’t on tempo or on key.
Harmony is one of the most popular features of a vocal effects processor. It has the capability to give your tunes a livelier performance by adding one or more harmonies. Depending on the features of the voice processor, you may add additional vocals to blend-in to certain parts of your tunes. The best thing about this feature is it can be tweaked easily through pedals. Even your guitar can help as long as it comes with a “Smart Guitar-Controlled Harmony”.
If you are an avid watcher of street performances, you probably have heard of some individual artists making use of the loop feature and other voice enhancers. As the name suggests, it loops a certain recorded tune that can be played over and over again. It is usually used as backup vocals during performances. Even a solo performer can make a full band music out of it. It’s not an easy feature to master however and will most likely take a bit of time to get the most out of it.
This is a compatibility concern for musicians since most vocal processing pedals usually use the basic XLR connection. You might want to look for more outputs or any plugin features from the machine if you want to sync your guitar playing together with your voice. Also needed to mention is the USB port capability. It is a helpful feature especially in this day of age where USB’s are widely used for recordings.
There are different modes available and depending on mostly your performances. The Thing is, you might need a certain mode more than the other two.
- Tabletop. These units are more suited for DJ’s. They can simply place these vocal effects processor beside their rig within hands reach and can easily be configured during performances.
- Mountable. Some may call this one a microphone effect processor since it usually is attached or mounted to your mic stand. Don’t mistake it for a rack mount. That being said, it is operable by hand and is suited more for vocalists.
- Pedal Controlled. Also known as stompboxes, these are your go-to effects processor for vocalists who also play the guitar. They are operated by a foot pedal and is conveniently easy to use once you get the hang of it.