Did you know that mosquitoes are the world’s deadliest animal in the world? They are ill-famed for spreading a variety of diseases such as malaria, Zika virus, and yellow fever. In fact, World Health Organization reported there are millions of deaths worldwide each year.
Act now and keep safe:
Check your backyard for potential breeding zones and dispose of it. Buy yourself one of the best mosquito killers and keep it maintained. There are thousands of supposed mosquito killers to choose from. With the help of analysts and some thorough research, we hope to bring you only the most effective mosquito killers on the market.
Top-Rated Mosquito Killers
Aspectek 20W Electronic Indoor Insect and Mosquito Killer (TOP Choice)
Aspectek 20W Electronic Indoor Insect and Mosquito Killer is ranked as one of the best mosquito repellants indoors. Its product rating of 84% verifies its quality and capability to kill mosquitoes. It is also one of the most affordable products compared to its competitors. As long as you keep this UV mosquito killer running, your home would be free from flying insects.
One of the reasons this electronic mosquito killer a top choice is its product design. It is conveniently portable and you can hang it anywhere. Aside from that, it also has an attractive design that is suitable for most rooms. Before replacing the UV bulbs, make sure the device is unplugged and wait at least a few hours before replacing them.
Product Dimensions: 15 x 3 x 10 inches.
- The product uses two UV light bulbs. These bulbs were made solely to attract mosquitoes and other flying insects. Once the insects come in range, they will be zapped to their death.
- The product uses a killing grid that is said to have the highest voltage amongst its competitors with 2,800 Volts. Its high voltage is powerful enough to kill most insects.
- To provide safety measures, the killing grid is covered with a mesh screen. This would help prevent you and your family from accidentally touching the grid.
- Zapping bugs can be noisy. If you’re one of those people easily irritated with a noise, this product may not be for you.
Flowtron BK-80D 80-Watt Outdoor Insect Killer (Best Value)
Out of all the products on this list, Flowtron BK-80D is reviewed as one having the best value. Instead of buying some cheap knock-offs, you may want to push your budget to get a high-quality mosquito killer for your home. It has a very wide area of protection of approximately 1 or ½ acres. If you’re near a mosquito-infested area, you might want to consider this product so you can enjoy relaxing on your porch again.
The product operates via a 3-pronged cord that is only about a foot and a half long and used outdoors. Chances are, you’ll need an extension wire to be able to hang it on your porch or in your lawns. Positioning it wouldn’t be an issue since it only weighs around 8 pounds and has a compact design.
Product Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 12 inches.
- The bulb is easily replaceable and has a non-clogging killing grid.
- The product is made of high-quality materials and is designed to endure even the toughest of weathers. It will not rust, fade or crack easily.
- The estimated cost of its operation each day is cheap and will require only pennies from your wallet.
- The product has a very wide area of protection, unlike other products.
- The product comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
- There is no on and off control for you to switch.
- You might need to invest in an extension cord since it has a short cord.
Home Mosquito Killer By Pest Soldier
Home Mosquito Killer by Pest Soldier is quite similar to Aspeсtek. They have a similar design, same number of bulbs, and are both effective in zapping a bug to its death. The notable difference is that this product is more preferred by its customers. It has an outstanding 90% product rating. Even the price is considerably cheap at only around $40. You may find others that are far cheaper, but the quality, on the other hand, is not assured.
This indoor mosquito killer is highly effective within 80 feet away. That is at least 5,000 square feet coverage. With that kind of range, even your neighbors would be thankful for killing their share of mosquitoes.
- The product is a top-selling indoor insect killer. It’s almost a guarantee that the zapper works and is used by a lot of people.
- Uses two 20-watt UV light bulbs that are easily replaceable.
- The product has a compact and lightweight design that you can either hang on the wall or place it on a flat surface.
- The product has a removable plastic tray where insects fall from their deaths. The killing grid is self-cleaning, making its maintenance very easy.
- The product is odor-free and does not make use any chemicals that may be harmful to your kids or pets.
- The product has a protective cage to prevent accidentally touching the killing grid.
- The zapping sound can be irritating especially with your pet dogs. It is not that loud, but it is not that quiet either.
Zap-it! Electric Bug Zapper Rechargeable Racket
If you don’t mind a little swinging here and there, this product would be best suitable for you. With over thousands of reviews, it surprisingly has a very high product rating of 86%. It is neither a sentry bug zapper nor a mosquito spray. It is something you hold like a bat, powered by a 3,000-volt grid that will certainly kill most flying insects.
What makes this product one of the best anti-mosquito machines on the market is its cheap price and effectiveness. It’s a one-time purchase and doesn’t include any other maintenance cost, unlike the electrical-powered mosquito killers. On top of that, it has a 100% lifetime replacement guarantee.
Product Dimensions: 21 x 9 x 0.9 inches.
- This fly swatter is rechargeable through the use of a USB. It’s a plug and play device, making it easy to recharge whenever, and wherever.
- The product has a safety control switch to activate or deactivate the zapper. There will be an indicator in which would signify if it’s on or not.
- The killing grid is covered by a safety mesh, protecting users and other family members from being zapped.
- It is conveniently portable with its compact design and weight of only 9.8 ounces. It is highly recommended to bring this zapper when camping.
- Unlike sentry mosquito zappers, you will need to locate insects and swing at them to kill them.
- The protective mesh has a flawed design where toddlers’ fingers can fit right through. You may want to store it away from children’s reach.
Half Acre Mosquito Trap
Dynatrap led mosquito trap is an effective product in a large area, approximately at half acres. What gives it an advantage over the others is its efficiency both indoors and outdoors. It was designed to attract mosquitoes and flies in three separate ways. One would be using its ultraviolet led lights that also produces heat. Two would be the production of carbon dioxide via photocatalysis. And third would be its whisper-quiet fan draws in the insects.
One of the most common asked questions is choosing between Dynatrap vs Flowtorn. They both have a wide area of coverage and are both used outdoors. The advantage of Dynatrap is it can be used indoors. You will have to spend a little extra cash, however.
Product Dimensions:12 x 10 x 10 inches.
- This electric mosquito killing machine is easy to clean and is reasonably economical. The estimated cost of electricity per month is around $2.
- The product has a trap design that will seal itself when fans are turned off to avoid tiny insects escaping.
- It has high efficiency in trapping flying insects including flies, beetles, wasps, hornets, and of course mosquitoes.
- The product does not use harmful chemicals such as pesticides and propane.
- The product has a sturdy and durable design that is claimed to endure harsh weathers.
- The product is more about attracting moths than mosquitoes. You might want to order a bigger product if mosquitoes surrounding your area are too many.
EcoRaider Mosquito & Flying Insect Killer Spray
EcoRaider Killer Spray is one of the best insect killer sprays out there. Once sprayed, it will effectively kill mosquitoes nearby. Its residue will then repel incoming mosquitoes and kill their larvae. In fact, it has been proven by science research that it is very effective. The only problem with sprays is that it doesn’t last longer than an insect killer machine.
Unlike most insect hunter sprays, this product uses natural and non-toxic ingredients. It is conveniently safe for you and other members of the family. Just make sure you spray on the right spots, especially on stagnant waters and mosquito-infested areas.
Product Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 10 inches.
- Aside from killing insects, the product also rids of potential breeding zones.
- The ingredients used are plant-based and non-toxic bio-insecticides for safety measures.
- The product can be operated both indoors and outdoors. It is highly recommended you take it with you when going camping.
- The product is made by a well-known brand that specializes in phytochemistry, green chemical industry, and insect neurobiology. It is somewhat an assurance of a high-quality product that is also environmental friendly.
- The product is portable and can easily be carried anywhere.
- Although the product is affordable and a good mosquito killer spray, you will eventually need to buy another if it runs out.
- The chemicals sprayed have an odor that may or may not be irritating for some people.
Summit Responsible Solutions Quick Kill Mosquito Bits
If you’re planning to get rid of mosquitoes once and for all, this mosquito control product is the perfect solution. It doesn’t kill mosquitoes instantly but is very effective in contaminating their breeding zones. You just simply sprinkle a good amount of these granules on suspected areas around your backyard. It can also be sprinkled on soils surface, giving the same efficiency in killing mosquito larvae.
It may not be your traditional mosquito and fly killing machine, but it does the job well. As long as you sprinkle it around your yard and where stagnant waters exist, you will no doubt see how well the product works. To add, make sure you follow its instructions accordingly.
Product Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 9 inches.
- The product is EPA registered in all 50 states in the US. This means it is non-toxic and will not pose any risk to humans. Also, it is approved by authorities as a pest control for organic farm operations.
- The product is recommended for bird baths and other hard to reach stagnant places.
- The product has been proven effective by the majority of its customers. It has a very high product rating of 84%.
- The pellets are safe around family members and pets.
- The product does not need any maintenance, additional costs or electricity.
- The product is ranked by its customer reviews as being one of the best mosquito treatments for your yard.
- The product does not kill mosquitoes instantly, thus is not recommended for camping. Results are said to be noticeable within 24 hours.
MBOX Safe and Effective Indoor Trap, Using CCFL CO2/H2O & Fan
MBOX indoor trap is not your average mosquito killer lamp. Same as the half-acre mosquito trap, it makes use of three different lures to attract mosquitoes. The only difference is that the product design is much more decorative, and is a sight for sore eyes. It is very effective but comes with an expensive price.
The way this electrically powered mosquito trapper works is by emitting a light at oscillating frequencies that effectively attracts mosquitoes and even flies. It also is equipped with a quiet fan that sucks mosquitoes into the cage, almost like a vacuum. Lastly, the product emits CO2 or carbon dioxide that you probably know is the perfect attractant for such insects. Once these insects get trapped in the cage, they die of dehydration.
Product Dimensions: 4.7 x 4.7 x 7.9 inches.
- The product is designed to be safe for use indoors. It does not make use of any chemicals that may be harmful to humans and even pets.
- The product has a durable CCFL that can last as long as 40,000 hours of usage.
- This mosquito trap is very effective with a range of up to 400 square feet. That is more than what most mosquito and fly killers can provide.
- The product is designed to have little maintenance with ease-of-use.
- This mosquito trap has an elegant and compact design, making it conveniently portable.
- Compared to most of its competitors, the price tag of the product is a little expensive.
- It is an electrical mosquito trap, meaning it wouldn’t work when camping unless you have a generator.
Blue Rhino SkeeterVac SV5100 Propane Mosquito Eliminator Machine for Backyard
Blue Rhino SkeeterVac SV51000 mosquito eliminator machine is one of the biggest and meanest mosquito machines in your backyard. It has a very wide coverage area of more than 1 acre. Not only will it eliminate mosquitoes, it also is very effective with flies and other harmful flying insects. Although the frame of its design is large, it is easily assembled.
Aside from its wide coverage area, what makes the product one of the best mosquito trap machines is its portability. Although it is large inbuilt and rather heavy, it is easily movable with wheels equipped. It also doesn’t need cords, which people usually trip over.
Product Dimensions: 37.5 x 19.9 x 25.9 inches.
- The product does not need electricity to work. It makes use of propane gas instead, making it effective wherever electricity may not be present.
- The CO2 rating is 35,000 cc per hour. This is very impressive as it lures mosquitoes and other insects with ease within the covered area.
- The product includes a motion lighting feature in which attracts a broader range of insects. This potentially increases the product’s capture rate.
- The product is rated as one of the best mosquito control for backyards.
- This mosquito repellent has the potential to be the next generation outdoor insect killer, it does come with an expensive price. Not to mention, the propane tank is bought separately.
- Considering its size, maintenance can require more work than the average.
Thermacell MR-GJ Portable Mosquito Repeller
Thermacell MR-GJ is probably the smallest, but also one of the most effective mosquito repellents for yards. It has a coverage area of 225 square feet. Considering its size and its cheap price, that is more than what other mosquito repellants can offer. According to its customer reviews, it has well proven itself, giving it 86% product rating.
Unlike most mosquito repellent machines, this one doesn’t need electricity. It uses a little propane tank that lasts for over 12 hours. It is very much portable with its compact design that fits right into your pocket. This would be the best product for mosquito control when you’re on the move often.
Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 10.8 x 2.3 inches.
- The equipment is lightweight and has a cordless compact design makes it perfect for regular campers or outdoor adventuring.
- The product emits odorless pest control scents. Other products tend to make it scented which can be irritating to the nose for some time.
- The product is evaluated by the EPA for safety and efficiency.
- The product is very effective that even the Department of Defense has used it when in mosquito and fly infested areas.
- The product uses a synthetic copy of what chrysanthemum flowers use to repel insects which are proven to be effective.
- The product is indeed a good insect repeller, but it will require constant maintenance as the pads used only lasts for up to 4 hours.
Mosquito Killers Buying Guide
Mosquitoes and other flying insects are relentless. They usually live and breed in people’s yard. They will go through almost everything just to get a sip of your blood. In order to eliminate these bugs, you will need the best mosquito control systems. There are various types of solutions out there. To name a few, there’s a propane-fueled bug zapper, a mosquito lawn treatment machine, and many others. But before you purchase one, you need to also consider some factors.
Choosing between an Indoor or Outdoor Mosquito Killer
Depending on where you live, picking the right product can mean the difference between having fewer or more mosquitoes. If you live near ponds or an area where stagnant waters are present, you may want to get a mosquito control treatment. Even if you get the best outdoor mosquito killer, they will still reproduce non-stop unless you eliminate their breeding ground.
If you feel there are just a few mosquitoes flying about, then consider purchasing an indoor mosquito killer. Some even have a decorative compact design that would fit perfectly well in any rooms. If you, however, hang out more often on your patio, you should consider getting an outdoor mosquito killer.
Choosing between an Electric-powered or Battery Mosquito Killer
If mosquitoes are a constant annoyance to your home, getting an electric mosquito killer is your best bet. There are only few maintenance required and doesn’t cost too much in electricity. It would also keep your family continuously safe from mosquito bites.
If you encounter a few mosquitoes here and there, a battery-powered mosquito trap is a suitable option. You won’t need to constantly charge the product, and you can even bring it with you on camping trips.
Prioritize the Safety of Family Members
When planning on getting mosquito sprays and mosquito control treatment machines, don’t forget to check the toxicity of their ingredients. You may never know when children or pets would accidentally get a hold of these products. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
When planning on getting an electric bat mosquito zapper or sentry lamp mosquito zappers, make sure the protective grid mesh is secure. Also, check for those that have smaller openings on their protective grid. Toddlers often are curious and will try to touch the mosquito killing grid and get hurt.
The Maximum Coverage Area of the Product
If you live in a large home with a yard, check how wide the product can actually cover. Some devices can go up to more than 1 acre, but some can only go about 200 square feet. Also, it would be best to avoid handheld mosquito zappers. Just imagine having to chase mosquitoes around a wide area of space. It will take a good amount of time for you to cover all areas.
What People Say About The Product
Reading customer reviews and consumer reports will give you an idea of how good the mosquito killing machines are. You should be warned however, some brands use marketing strategies that use these resources to promote their product. Make sure there are at least a dozen reviews to get a single decent review about a mosquito repellant.