7 Best Laser Projection Keyboard Reviews
After researching different laser projection keyboards for the personal computer, iPhones, tablets, iPads, or Android devices, we came up with AGS Wireless Laser Projection Keyboard as best laser projection keyboard of 2019.
It tops our list because of its amazing features. It is small in size and made of a material with good mechanical strength. The small size facilitates its portability and you can use it in all your devices.
It works magic and you will love it at first sight. As a result, we have described 7 top-rated laser keyboards based on customer reviews and research. Keep reading to know more about these futuristic devices and choose one to buy.
- 1 Top-Rated Laser Keyboards
- 2 AGS Wireless Laser Projection Keyboard
- 3 Celluon EPIC Ultra-Portable Full-Size Virtual Keyboard
- 4 AGS Bluetooth Laser Keyboard & Mouse for iPhone & iPad
- 5 ShowMe(TM) Holographic Infrared Keypad
- 6 Celluon Magic Cube Laser Projected Keyboard for Windows, iOS, Android, Mac OS
- 7 BlueBeach Bluetooth Laser Projector Keyboard for Smartphone, PC, Tablet, Laptop
- 8 SHOWME Light Mini USB Laser Keyboard: Cheap Option
- 9 How Do Laser Projection Keyboards Work?
Top-Rated Laser Keyboards
#1 AGS Keyboard
#2 Celluon EPIC
#3 AGS Bluetooth Laser
AGS Wireless Laser Projection Keyboard
This is one of the top-rated models which comes in the shape of a cube. It is compatible with phones, tablets, PC and iPads. It has a user-friendly interface which confirms that the future is here or some people would say that magic is real.
The connection is done mainly through Bluetooth unlike other laser or infrared keyboards which has a manual connection through a wired USB cable. As a result, the target device must have Bluetooth functionality.
The device is very much portable and takes less space. Instead of carrying any other wireless hologram keyboard, this laser projection does the job more efficiently. You don’t ever have to carry the computer accessories.
- Virtual English QWERTY keyboard layout: facilitates faster typing in the English language.
- Bluetooth connectivity: Connects wirelessly with devices running Windows operating system, Mac, iOS, and Android OS.
- Light in weight: Enhances the portability of the device.
- Come with a virtual mouse.
- Easy to pair and operate.
- Wireless connection through Bluetooth.
- Equipped with a durable rechargeable battery.
- QWERTY keyboard layout.
- Supports many devices.
- Short lifespan charger.
Celluon EPIC Ultra-Portable Full-Size Virtual Keyboard
Just as the name depicts, it is an EPIC size option in all aspects. It is very mobile and supports many different devices which run Android 4.0 and above, iOS, Windows, and Mac operating systems.
The installed software of Celluon EPIC product is constantly being updated to keep up with the changing technology and to support future devices. It is made for the future!
This model is flexible and user-friendly. Most of its functionalities are and appearances can be easily customized to the desired level. For instance, the keyboard sensitivity and brightness are changed according to the user preferences.
- Built-in Bluetooth V3.0: Connects wirelessly with all compatible devices.
- Built-in 660 mAh Lithium-ion rechargeable battery: Gives it longer operation time.
- Adjustable sensitivity and brightness: Makes it flexible and user-friendly.
- Supports different devices.
- Can be used on Opaque and flat surfaces.
- Ultra-thin and highly portable.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Durable lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
- Typing speed is relatively low.
AGS Bluetooth Laser Keyboard & Mouse for iPhone & iPad
Just like the first laser projection keyboard discussed in this piece, AGS Bluetooth Laser Keyboard & Mouse for iPhone & iPad relies heavily on Bluetooth for connection with the target device. It is small and compact. The cube-size shape makes it easier to pack in a small bag and carry around.
It is also compatible with many different devices including iPhone, PCs, Android phones, and iPads. The use of the virtual keyboard projected is quite easy.
You simply type normally as you would do on the ordinary keyboards and the typed letter is shown on the connected device. Comes with the instruction manual on how to use.
- Bluetooth: For wireless connection to the devices with Bluetooth functionality.
- Small in size: Enhances portability even in a limited space.
- Equipped with a rechargeable battery: Reduces the cost of replacement as you can just recharge.
- Highly portable due to the small size.
- The projected keyboard is very sensitive.
- Affordable price.
- Supports many different devices.
- No option for adjusting the keyboard brightness which is very bright and might be irritating.
ShowMe(TM) Holographic Infrared Keypad
This is an upgrade from the other good holographic keyboard that you might be aware of. It is designed to offer the services at a relatively lower price.
It comes with mini USB speakers which you can use as an option if you want to play music or audio receiver while using this virtual device.
The connection can be done wirelessly through the Bluetooth or wired manually through the USB cable. It has a micro USB port for compatibility issues.
The design makes it more stable and user-friendly. Despite the added features in this device, it remains compact and portable.
- A micro USB port: For wired connection and recharging.
- Mini Bluetooth speakers: For sound feedback and also playing music.
- Auto sleep mode after 8 seconds of inactivity: Saves power when not active.
- Fully automated sleep mode to save on power consumption.
- LG rechargeable battery with a long lifespan.
- Less expensive compared to the previously mentioned laser models.
- Reliable sensitivity and supports faster typing speeds.
- Supports many different devices.
- Multiple connectivity options; wirelessly through Bluetooth and wired through a USB cable.
- It is less accurate in some instances.
Celluon Magic Cube Laser Projected Keyboard for Windows, iOS, Android, Mac OS
This is a great companion for laptops, smartphones, PC, tablets, and iPads. It connects wirelessly through Bluetooth and can be used with any of the above-listed devices.
If purchasing for a PC or laptop, you should first confirm that those devices have Bluetooth connectivity as it is not as obvious as the case of smartphones.
The Celluon Magic Cube keyboard has a rechargeable battery which stays long enough with power. You don’t have to worry about recharging every now and again. It can be set just on any flat and opaque surface.
- Virtual mouse with touchpad: Makes it a full keyboard-mouse set.
- Bluetooth: For wireless connection to the supported devices.
- USB port: enables manual connection to devices which do not support Bluetooth connectivity.
- Highly compatible with many different devices.
- Comes with an option for projecting mouse.
- Supports both wired and wireless connections.
- Relatively cheap.
- Highly portable.
- Short battery life.
- Less accurate.
BlueBeach Bluetooth Laser Projector Keyboard for Smartphone, PC, Tablet, Laptop
The BlueBeach Laser model is housed in a sleek white and black case and forms a smart companion to smartphones, laptops, tablets, and other Bluetooth enabled devices.
You can easily pair your device to it and enjoy typing using the virtual keyboard projected in front of you. The English QWERTY keyboard layout makes typing ridiculously easy.
You just don’t have to worry about carrying any other keyboard with you anymore. The device is small-sized and lightweight which makes it highly portable. You just need a flat surface to enjoy the use of this less expensive model.
- Bluetooth: enables wireless connectivity.
- Pocket-size: enhances portability.
- English QWERTY keyboard: This type of layout enhances faster typing.
- Compatible and compact.
- Easy to use the product.
- Cheaply available on Amazon.
- Supports a wide range of devices.
- Wireless connection via Bluetooth.
- The fixed brightness of the model might be annoying to some people.
SHOWME Light Mini USB Laser Keyboard: Cheap Option
This top-rated laser keyboards projector projects a virtual projected keyboard on any flat and opaque surface. It uses laser 3D tracking technology to keep track of the users’ hands and identify the correct keystrokes as pressed by the user.
The use of SHOWME Light Mini USB Laser Keyboard is quite straightforward. Just connect it to any of the supported devices (laptops, PCS, smartphones, iPads, and tablets) and you are good to go. A high-resolution keyboard will be directly before you to start keying data into your device.
- Latest sensor module: enhances accurate detection of a keychain of strokes.
- Bluetooth connectivity: enables a wireless connection to devices with Bluetooth.
- Built-in rechargeable battery: No need for replacement you simply recharge.
- Compact and very thin for compatibility.
- Easy connection through both Bluetooth and USB connection.
- High-resolution model.
- Fast and accurate data input.
- Highly compatible with the latest operating systems.
- Shorter battery life.
How Do Laser Projection Keyboards Work?
The laser projected infrared keyboard is the new development in con computer technology. Its working is based around the sensor technology and artificial intelligence (AI) which lets the user’s interaction with the infrared keyboard recorded and displayed on the connected device.
The device detects and predicts the movement of fingers on the keyboard to determine the exact keystrokes and translates them to actual texts.
The preferred interface is projected on to the nearby surface just like the gaming projectors shine the images on the wall.
This is accomplished by illuminating a designed holographic optical element using a red diode laser. This acts as the reference interface for the user and contributes nothing in the detection process.
A reference plane parallel to the first plane is projected by a Micro-illumination module TNI. This reference plane is invisible as the naked eye cannot detect infra-red light.
When a user presses a key on the keyboard, light from the reference plane corresponding to the position of the key on the virtual hologram keyboard is reflected back to the sensor module.
This reflected light goes through the infrared filter then goes to the CMOS image sensor driver. The sensor has a virtual interface processing core TM hardware which is charged with the role of synthesizing this data from the reflected light to determine its real-time location.
There is a processor which captures multiple and simultaneous keystrokes as well as the cursor control point. Therefore, no keystroke is missed. The data on which key is pressed is then sent to the connected device digitally which is then responsible for displaying it on the video monitor or screen.