10 Best Car Dvd Players In 2019
Usually having so many car trips planned? Then, a good DVD player will keep you entertained.
After a precise research, we do believe that eRapta Second Generation is the best car DVD player. It is not only top-rated among customers, but also highly-recommended by many experts, including us.
This device is actually reliable and even comes with a 2-year warranty. Plus, it can be used not only as a DVD player but also as VCD, MP3, MP4 player.
It has great compatibility thanks to HDMI, SD and USB ports. The monitor quality is superb in comparison to other devices of this price range.
- 1 Top-Rated Car Headrest DVD Players
- 2 eRapta Headrest DVD Player for Car (TOP Choice)
- 3 NAVISKAUTO 10.1 Inch Car Headrest Monitor (Best Value)
- 4 Rockville RDP711-BK 7”
- 5 OUTAD Ultra-thin Video Player
- 6 XTRONS Black 2X Twin Car Headrest DVD player
- 7 BOSS Audio 11.2 Inch Flip-Down Auto Monitor
- 8 NAVISKAUTO Dual Screen, Car Backseat Portable DVD Player
- 9 CUTRIP 9 Inch Portable DVD Player with Mount Brackets
- 10 Audiovox AVXMTG10UA 10” Overhead Monitor
- 11 LESHP Digital TFT Screen Design
- 12 Car DVD Players Buying Guide
Top-Rated Car Headrest DVD Players
#1 eRapta Headrest
#3 Rockville RDP711-BK
eRapta Headrest DVD Player for Car (TOP Choice)
eRapta Headrest DVD Player for Car is a Top Choice with a reason. It is one of the top-rated models and is very much affordable at under $200.
Coming from a brand that specializes in digital display, it isn’t much of a surprise being able to provide the users with a reliable player. Although it is not a popular brand in comparison to its competitors, their product has better product ratings and more positive customer reviews.
This entertainment system has multiple functions. It is one of the reasons why the product is considered a top choice. Moreover, you can make use of it in your car, or simply at home relaxing. It may not be as wide as a regular television, but the display is super clear and sharp making it all worthwhile.
- This headrest monitor is compatible with HDMI, SD, and USB ports. This makes it convenient for people who use multiple digital technologies with the same ports.
- Besides being a good DVD player, the product can also be used as a VCD, MP3, MP4 video audio source.
- Unlike your average models, this one has a 2-year factory warranty and even a brand new replacement within 24 hours of purchase.
- The unit can be powered up by a car charger or at home with a wall charger.
- The product is portable and can fit most headrests with its dimensions of 11 x 1.5 x 7 inches and a weight of 2.5 pounds.
- This unit is not WiFi capable which is a trending feature nowadays.
- Troubleshooting the volume can be an issue. You will need to go to the main menu and make sure the “FM” and “IR” are disabled.
- Although the free bundled games that are included in the unit are a good thing, it is not so much as an entertainment.
- The unit isn’t as durable as what customers would have wanted. Good thing they have a 2-year warranty to help with this issue.
NAVISKAUTO 10.1 Inch Car Headrest Monitor (Best Value)
This headrest monitor is both high quality and cheap. It even is considered the best car DVD player out there. If you’re on a budget but still need a good headrest for cars, this one is what most customers would recommend.
It is made by Naviskauto, a brand solely focusing on DVD players. They aim to provide their customers to have the best possible riding experience no matter how long your trip is going.
What makes this unit one of the most recommended best-valued DVD player is its compatibility. Most of its competitors can only play only a few media files. This one can play a VCD, MP4, RMVB, CD-RW, CD-R, SVCD, DIVX, and CPRM. It also has a built-in 2.0 USB port, HDMI input ports with MMC and SD slots.
- The unit is conveniently versatile with a variety of ports and compatibility with an array of media files. This is one of the most common issues among its competitors, giving this DVD player an advantage.
- The model has a portable design in which you can use for both car-use and home-use. It includes not one but two mounting brackets that are compatible with most headrests.
- With the HDMI port, you can sync your computer, smartphones and a lot more others to the unit for a more immersive experience with its 10.1-inch display.
- The product can be controlled through a remote control and touch keys for ease of use.
- This unit is a good video player for a car with a very clear and crisp image quality.
- The product is very portable with a weight of 4.9 pounds and dimensions of 11.8 x 8.3 x 5.1 inches.
- The unit is not compatible with one of the most common media file format, MKV. You will need to convert your MKV files to an MP4, VCD or any file format that it supports.
- This option does not have a shared-SD memory, meaning if you have two units of this DVD player, you should provide two SD cards to play a movie.
Rockville RDP711-BK 7”
This model may not be the top-rated DVD player on this list but it is definitely one of the most entertaining ones. With a product rating of 74% coming from customer reviews, it still is a good headrest monitor for a car.
The unit comes with two 7 inches high-resolution monitors, providing back seat passengers a good view of the screen. Unlike most of its competitors, the two display screens are synced with a single front loading DVD player.
Similar to most products here, this unit is made by a brand that focuses on car entertainment. That includes headrest monitors and car audio systems.
That being said, the RDP711-BK is designed solely to provide users with the best audio and entertainment experience inside your car. What makes it even a better choice than many of its competitors is its price of just under $150. Not only is it affordable, but it is also a very good and reliable unit.
- A single front loading DVD player is able to play on both headrests. It is extremely convenient for backseat passenger to get a good view of what’s playing.
- The unit is able to play a variety of media file formats. This even includes homemade discs which are usually a problem on very sensitive DVD players.
- The unit makes use of upgraded digital panels, providing a crystal clear image quality in 800 x 480 resolution.
- All products made by Rockville goes through an extensive testing phase to make sure the product is 100% working with no issues.
- The model includes a video game controller to which you can use through its HDMI port to connect your video game system.
- The unit is conveniently portable with dimensions of 7.7 x 11.2 x 5.9 inches.
- They are providing a full 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Installation of the system is not easy and some users may be required to dismantle the car seats.
- Some minor issues can be noticeable after several months of usage of the Rockville headrest monitors.
OUTAD Ultra-thin Video Player
OUTAD Ultra-Thin Video Player is one of the best automotive DVD systems, according to its users. It currently has a perfect satisfaction rating of 100%.
To be fair, it does only have minimal customer reviews, which is why we may yet still see a negative review of the unit. Nevertheless, this automobile DVD system is still a good buy with its cheap price of just under $150.
To have a good perspective of the unit, it is one of the top-selling models on major outlets including Walmart and Onfair. Simply because it supports 1080p videos, has a versatile compatibility among multiple DVD formats, and has a wide 10.1-inch display screen. If you want your passengers or family to have a good riding experience, this is one of the best DVD players you should buy.
- The two headrests that come with the package syncs well with a single DVD player. The video will be displayed simultaneously from the two headrest monitors.
- The unit can be powered by a cigar lighter or any DC 12V outlet.
- The system has a breakpoint which means it will continue playing the video, exactly where it stopped playing the last time.
- The system supports HDMI port, meaning you can synchronize your video game system, your computer, your phone and your TV with the headrest monitors.
- The system is very easy to install with an easy-to-follow manual.
- The product is ultra-thin in display and is very portable with dimensions of 10.7 x 7 x 1.5 inch and a weight of around 3 pounds.
- Wall adapter is not included in the purchase. You may need to get one yourself in order to make use of the monitors as a home entertainment system.
- Although you can play videos from USB and SD cards, their maximum capacity should not exceed 4GB. For some reason, the DVD player has minor issues reading larger size movies.
XTRONS Black 2X Twin Car Headrest DVD player
If budget is not much of a concern, this auto DVD system might be the one you’re looking for. It is not cheap, but it comes with features that no ordinary car TV’s and DVD players can provide.
The unit makes use of the touch-screen technology, making it easy to operate. It also is designed for easy installation. But what gives the unit the edge among its competitors, is its capability to support 32-bit games that comes with a wireless controller.
XTRONS car headrest DVD player is a multi-entertainment system that provides comfortable and enjoyable riding experience. It also supports FM signals and infrared to make better use of your wireless headphones.
This 9-inch portable option for a car is definitely worth the money. Its product rating of 68% is a statement that the majority of its customers are completely satisfied.
- The system is compatible with file formats: DVD; DVD-R; DVD-RW; VCD; DIVX; MP3; MPEG4; WMA; CD; CD-R; and JPEG.
- The model can read USB’s or SD cards that have a maximum capacity of up to 32 GB. What makes it an advantage is that some of its competitors can only read below 16GB.
- The unit has a good resolution size of 800 x 480, which is enough to provide clear and crisp quality with its 9 inches of the display monitor.
- This option can be operated via a wireless remote control or its touchscreen options.
- The system has features that can play a video simultaneously or separately.
- The unit is portable and fits perfectly with most headrests with its dimensions of 9.8 x 6.5 x 8.3 inches.
- Although Xtron DVD headrest has an attractive design, it only comes in color Black.
- Sadly, this touch screen portable DVD player has a chance of not being compatible with vehicles that already have an active headrest DVD player installed.
- Unfortunately, the unit does not support BlueRay, comparing with other best car DVD players that are out on the market.
BOSS Audio 11.2 Inch Flip-Down Auto Monitor
We all know who the BOSS Audio is a company well-known for providing the best sound systems and that includes your truck or car’s player. For over many years in the entertainment industry, there is little chance you’ll be disappointed.
The flip-down car monitor is not only beautifully designed, but it also provides high-quality resolution of 1024 x 600. You’ll get to enjoy movies with clear audio and crisp images.
This unit is a good replacement for even the best in-dash DVD models. It fits perfectly just above the car’s dashboard where everyone can have a good view of the screen. Speaking of screens, it has a wide 11.2-inch flip-down and swivel LCD monitor. It is somewhat versatile in formats, able to play DVDs, CDs, USBs, and MP3s.
It can also read media files from USB and SD cards. Not to mention, it has one of the best portable DVD players with wireless headphones.
- The monitor is actually large, convenient for the people at the backseat of a van.
- The unit has a built-in DVD, FM transmitter and InfraRed transmitter to which you can link your smartphones.
- Both the earphones and remote control included in the package are wireless.
- The build-in Dome Light of the unit can be a good replacement for the factory dome light that’s installed on your vehicle’s roof.
- The unit has switchable covers in three colors: Black, grey, and tan. This is convenient for users who usually match their system to their vehicle’s interior.
- The unit provides a long 3-year platinum online dealer warranty, which is three times more than what most DVD player in headrests is offering.
- Since the unit is not a headrest multimedia player, installation can be a little more difficult.
- The remote control that comes with the unit is a bit complicated. Even the buttons are a little too small for people with chubby fingers.
- The interior light of the unit is not controllable and can be annoying.
NAVISKAUTO Dual Screen, Car Backseat Portable DVD Player
This dual monitor with portable DVD player is a good backseat entertainment system. As mentioned earlier, Naviskauto is one of the leading brands that provide car owners with good quality car TV’s and DVD players.
That is somewhat a security of having bought a reliable unit. If that doesn’t convince you, maybe the hundreds of positive customer reviews will.
Considering the features this unit is offering, you might as well call this one cheap. Compared to its competitors with low product rating and limited features, this one’s a steal that costs just under $150. If you’re planning on installing a player in your car, you can’t go wrong with this unit.
- The unit features a Mirror-link in which the main monitor and the slave monitor has the capability to play the same movies.
- Unlike most of its competitors that can only read up to 32GB of storage devices, this one supports up to 128 GB of space from your USB, SD or MMC.
- The product is able to play a DVD, SVCD, VCD, DVD-5, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-9, DVD-RW and a CD.
- The unit is able to play a variety of media file formats including AVI, DIVX, MPG, VOB, MPEG4, DVD-IFO, DVD-ISO and DAT.
- The picture is able to play up to 1024 x 600 image quality, better than most car models are offering with the same price.
- The device has a built-in rechargeable battery that supports a running time of up to 5 hours.
- The unit makes use of wireless headphones for the convenience of freely moving inside the car.
- The unit is now a wireless player for your car and involves cords that can be tangled which can be an annoyance.
- Similar to even the top-rated DVD players, some issues could happen about playing a movie will be experienced after several months of use.
CUTRIP 9 Inch Portable DVD Player with Mount Brackets
If you’re in the market for a DVD-player for your mini-vans, SUVs, or trucks, CUTRIP has something good to offer. It is priced reasonably and does have a good image quality with 720 x 576 resolution.
For a 9-inch monitor screen, the image is actually clear and crisp, even if the resolution is slightly lower than its competitors. What gives this unit an advantage over the others is its multiple features.
This is best car DVD player dual screen that can play the same movie simultaneously with a single player. It is the perfect feature to share movies with your backseat passengers.
With great audio output and good video quality, say no more to boring trips and long silences on the road. With an affordable price, this unit makes it one of the most recommended movie players for your car. This model has good dual screen portable DVD player reviews from customers.
- The unit’s power supply includes a car charger, an AC power adapter and a battery. You can bring this device anywhere and enjoy watching movies for up to 5 hours.
- The mount brackets that come with the unit are sturdy and are easy to install.
- The model has a Break-point function that enables continuing your movies from where you stopped last.
- The unit is supported by a USB, SD, TF, and MMC with a maximum storage of 128 GB, but with a format of FAT32 only.
- The option is able to play the following video file formats: AVI, MPG, DIVX, VOB, FLV, and DAT.
- It is a very portable car product with a weight of around 6.3 pounds including with its two 9 inch monitors.
- The unit is not supported by wireless systems. It is mostly connected through cords and wires, making the interior of your vehicle a bit messy.
- There are more than the usual numbers of complaints about malfunctioning products.
- This 2 screen DVD player for cars does not support Blue Ray videos, a format which many are using for clearer video quality.
Audiovox AVXMTG10UA 10” Overhead Monitor
Audiovox AVXMTG10UA is an auto DVD system that has multiple features that can make your trip comfortable and enjoyable as much as possible. It has a cost however and it is not cheap. If you’re not much concerned about budget and more on quality, this unit is what most people would recommend.
With a 10-inch Digital Led Monitor, it is enough to provide your backseat passengers a good view of the screen. In fact, it is considered as one of the best and largest devices for a car.
With a selection of 16:9 and 4:3 screen resolutions, movies will always look the best in image quality. No more black bars at the top and bottom of your display screens when playing a movie.
- The unit has over 16 channels with its wireless FM modulator. Easy to capture any preferred channels you or the family might enjoy listening to.
- The system includes two wireless Audiovox IR headphones that are lightweight, comfortable, and is adjustable in size.
- The system has an on and off switch with auto shutdown feature to stop draining power.
- The unit has a frequency response from 30 Hz to 20 kHz and is effective within 8 meters.
- The unit, of course, has a built-in DVD player with an SD an USB port to load in your movies or audio files.
- The product also has an HDMI port to which you can synchronize with your computer and smartphone.
- As expected, the video quality of the unit is very good.
- Having a great design and quality, you can expect the unit to have a higher price than most of its competitors. The system still is recommended, as long as you don’t mind spending a little extra.
- Almost all of its channels have an issue with static sounds and somewhat a little distorted.
- With its high price, it is unfortunate that the unit does not support an MP4 file format.
LESHP Digital TFT Screen Design
This is the cheapest among this list with a cost of just under $100. Surprisingly, it has many helpful features and has the capability to play up to 720P videos with a 16:9 view angle.
Its 10.1 inch TFT LCD screen can also be easily installed at the back of your headrest. In comparison to its competitors, this system is top-rated with 78% satisfaction score from its customers.
DVD-players for automobiles usually have an image quality of 800 x 480, but this one turns it up a notch with its 1280 x 720 screen resolution. Considering how cheap the unit is, it is one of the most recommended entertainment systems for a vehicle.
- The unit supports 720P videos with its wide 10.1 inches LCD screen for a better view. It also has an auto search system for PAL or NTSC picture format.
- This option is designed for both in-car and home use with an easy-to-install and easy-to-remove feature.
- To provide safety to your backseat passengers especially kids, the unit has a rounded design on its edges to avoid accidents.
- The system has a multi-language OSD: French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Russian, and English.
- The unit has an HDMI port that enables synchronizing of your DVD to your computer, kindle fire, raspberry pie and mobile phones.
- The model is compatible with a DVD VCD, CD-R, CD-RW, SVCD, DIVX.
- The device is conveniently portable with dimensions of 11 x 6.9 x 1.9 inches, making it one of the best travel models out on the market.
- Similar to most car player with games, the unit will experience some issues after several months of use.
- According to cars DVD player review, loading a DVD video can take some time. In its defense, it will most likely depend on the quality of the DVD and the media file format.
Car DVD Players Buying Guide
If you’re planning to add such device to your car, you need to understand that there are a lot of top rated car DVD players for car headrests to choose from. To get the best unit, you need to consider factors in relation to your vehicle and your personal preferences.
Keep in mind; it’s not worth buying something you wouldn’t feel comfortable with or something that won’t fit nicely on your car, truck or minivan.
- Flip-Down DVD players. Car roof flip-down DVD players are generally placed at the center of the vehicle’s ceiling, directly behind the two front seats. They are folded down for viewing and up for closing. Its main purpose is to give backseat passengers a good view, even with just a single viewing screen.
- Headrest models. Headrest DVD players for cars are your TV screens that are placed at the back of the front two seat headrests. They usually are purchased in two’s to provide better viewing for the passengers. The DVD player will be placed separately to where you most prefer and may require the help of a professional.
- In-Dash DVD players. These are your DVD players that are installed on the vehicle’s dashboard, usually at the center. Some will require an additional dashboard box when the space required is not provided. They also are the ones that offer more features, including GPS navigation. Take note, however, this unit can cause a distraction to the driver since it is situated right almost in front of the driver’s seat.
- Rearview DVD players. These are the ones that are installed into your car’s rear view mirror. Some are simply attached to the mirror, while the other comes with a separate mirror. Those that come with a separate rear view mirror does require a more complicated installation since you’ll be having a half-mirror and half-screen type of viewing.
Although most of the products look attractive and full of features, installing them usually require more work. If you’re not what they call a handyman, make sure you have other ways of installing the unit. You may ask for help from professionals, or better yet get a simple yet reliable entertainment system.
Wireless vs Corded systems
This usually is a concern for people who prefer convenience and comfort. Wireless systems usually give more freedom to move around and have a tidy-looking interior. Systems that operate on cords are more reliable but will require cable-management as not to get tangled with other cables or even your foot.
There are three different power supplies the best dvd player for car will require. Generally, there are only two, namely your vehicle’s cigarette lighter and an AC/DC adapter. Some units offer a separate option, a battery. They are more portable and can be played anywhere and anytime.
Believe it or not, image quality should be one of your priorities when buying such a device. It is of no use when the movie your passengers are watching are pixelated or blurry. Especially inside a vehicle that’s running at an average speed.
Some DVD players are extremely portable, while some are to a degree, permanent. Consider its universal use before buying, especially when you’re planning on using the unit not only inside your vehicle but also at home. The most recommended DVD players for portability are the ones that can be powered up by batteries.