Do you have a great fascination for Chinese food? What can be all the more amazing and enduring if you can get the steamed momos, Chinese vegetables and lovely taste buds at your doorstep without much worry. With the availability of 2, 3 and 4 tier models you can easily get your favorite food. Here is the review of the best bamboo steamers of 2018.
- 1 Top-Rated Bamboo Steamer Baskets
- 2 VonShef 10-Inch 2 Tier Bamboo Steamer with Stainless Steel Banding
- 3 Helen Chen’s Asian Kitchen Bamboo Steamer Set
- 4 Joyce Chen 26-0013
- 5 Trademark Innovations 3 Piece Bamboo Steamer
- 6 Bamboo Steamer with Adapter
- 7 DURABLE Bamboo Food Steamer Basket
- 8 2017 EDITION – Chinese Kitchen Steamer
- 9 New Large 12-inch Dumplings Steamer, 2-tier
- 10 Happy Sales HSST-BMB08 8 Inch Vegetable Steamer
- 11 Zoie + Chloe 100% Natural Basket
- 12 How to Use a Bamboo Steamer for the First Time
- 13 Bamboo Steamer vs Metal Steamer
- 14 How to Clean Bamboo Steamer
- 15 Cool Recipes to Cook with a Bamboo Steamer
Top-Rated Bamboo Steamer Baskets
VonShef 10-Inch 2 Tier Bamboo Steamer with Stainless Steel Banding
The great way to enhance your taste buds through recreating the Chinese cuisine at your home is to check on the variety of foods that you can very easily cook in this set. The 2 tier and 10 inch set help you to eat momos, friend Chinese vegetables without actually visiting the restaurants. From rice to dim sums everything you can eat with steaming at the same time. It is water resistant and sturdy. Also with this as an accompaniment you are also offered around 2 pairs of the bamboo chopsticks.
- One of the highest-rated bamboo steamers thanks its quality and sturdy construction.
- Double-basket set, great for multiple meals.
- Comes with chopsticks.
- Made of natural wood, this dumpling steamer pot is water resistant.
- The basket depth might not be enough for some users and for some particular dishes.
- Has a noticeable bamboo smell, might require steaming for a long time upon arrival.
Helen Chen’s Asian Kitchen Bamboo Steamer Set
This high quality bamboo steamer is coming under the category of best brands which is used for cooking vegetables and meats. It is particularly handcrafted with the handcrafted amount of 100% woven bamboo slats. The top-rated bamboo steamer with the tight fitting straps will help you alleviate the steam in the efficient cooking to help you get the food nutrients in an amazing manner. You will get the best asian bamboo steamer with the hand wash the only strategy.
- Comes in different basket diameters.
- This quality vegetable steamer is suitable for numerous other foods.
- Sturdy bamboo pegs.
- 100% bamboo construction, no wires, metal, or plastic.
- Some customer reviews report delivery issues (the product came damaged in a few cases).
Joyce Chen 26-0013
The Joyce Chen is a good bamboo steamer which is specially designed by the famous restaurateur. With the two stack basket comes with the lid traps moisture in such a manner that they are specially designed to have an ideal dim sum with the absorption of the moisture in the proper manner. The steam cooking is considered to produce some of the healthy foods that can not only avoid grease but also fats. The large steamer can also be coming in the form of the gifted box and can easily be used with hand wash.
- Two stackable baskets for more foods to be cooked at the same time.
- The domed lid effectively captures the excess moisture.
- Great quality.
- This dumpling steamer is not recommended to be used without wok pans or stockpots. Therefore, if you only have regular pots in your house, you will need to invest in a wok or a stockpot.
Trademark Innovations 3 Piece Bamboo Steamer
Made out of 100% natural bamboo, the 2 tier model measures around 10 inch in the diameter. With a domed lid and easily washed in the warm water, the kitchen steamer is highly affordable. It comes with the good quality steamer with the superb amount of steaming process and can be provided within your budget.
- 100% natural.
- Double dim sum steamer basket design for multiple foods.
- Large, which allows for enough space between the food bits.
- Priced very reasonably, which makes it a rather affordable option for people who are only starting to cook with steamers and don’t want to invest too much in them.
- The bamboo seams don’t seem to be very durable.
Bamboo Steamer with Adapter
One of the best devices that can be purchased in a proper set and can free you from the work. You can easily use this model with an ordinary steamer pot. You just need to place a water in the pot and can make this model sit in the adapter. You can have an easy storage with the purpose of becoming one of the great purchases to help you relish the best Chinese cuisine.
- Very practical, comes with an adapter ring.
- Works fine with regular pots, no need to buy new kitchenware.
- Good steamer quality looks and feels durable.
- Effectively absorbs, excess moisture.
- The adapter ring will not work on any pot diameter, so you need to check its dimensions before ordering (or purchase an additional pot with the suitable diameter).
DURABLE Bamboo Food Steamer Basket
As the name suggests, it is one of the best products that is constructed with the powerful amount of guarantee. The cheap bamboo steamer is highly recommended and is made with the stainless steel to give a powerful energy. Being light in weight and perfect for the new quarters the 8-inch steamer is indeed a very beautiful sight to explore while cooking the Chinese cuisine. The tong that comes with the power of hot foods can help you serve on the plate with the 100% guarantee. This device can easily be exchanged in a short span of time.
- Rather thick and sturdy bamboo, which promises durability and a reliable use.
- Stainless steel rims for an even more durable build.
- Quite lightweight despite the steel elements.
- Comes with a handy storage bag.
- The company offers a 100% money back guarantee service (valid for 6 months).
- Might allow occasional water leakage.
2017 EDITION – Chinese Kitchen Steamer
If you are looking to enjoy the authentic Chinese cuisine then you should definitely opt for some of the sizzling comforts of your life. As steaming is considered to be one of the best to cook your food in the healthiest way, it is time to add flavors in the food. The mini bamboo steamers will help you restrain your nutrient value with the waterproof technology. As per the customer reviews of a bamboo steamer, it comes with a lot of innovative features and specifications. It can be one of the perfect gifts that comes with the exquisite packaging and good rating.
- Comes with reusable chopsticks and silicone-coated perforated liners.
- Excellent quality bamboo with steel rings for durability and a sturdy construction.
- The company offers a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with their product completely.
- The lid handle may feel a bit wobbly.
- The side seams don’t look or feel too durable and might require being handled very carefully when cleaning the steamer.
New Large 12-inch Dumplings Steamer, 2-tier
The 12-inch model which comes with the best price made out of bamboo is perfect to impart you with steam and vegetables for sitting in the water. This dumpling steamer comes with a perfect lookout such that you are able to elevate the lid in a proper manner without much of difficulty and problem.
- Large size, perfect for family meals.
- 100% natural bamboo construction, no other materials used.
- High bottom design, helps prevent the food from sitting in water.
- The lid wicks excess moisture rather effectively.
- Because of the large diameter, this steamer won’t fit all your kitchen pots. You need a big one to accommodate this particular model.
Happy Sales HSST-BMB08 8 Inch Vegetable Steamer
Indeed an awesome product that you are looking to buy for yourself in the most innovative manner. If you are looking to buy a bamboo steamer with an easy storage and affordable rates you should definitely buy this one in the best possible way.
Cook your veggies or steam the delicious and tasty momos without any amount of worry. The 2 tier helps you to cook in the most distinctive manner. In order to choose to purchase a good model, you should definitely go for a lookout in the most abundant way and draw a great comparison with other products.
- Comes in 3 different diameter variations.
- Two baskets allow users to cook multiple foods simultaneously.
- Comes in a small diameter (6 inches), which is ideal for cooking single portions of food.
- Very nicely made.
- The bottom of each basket has quite large holes in it, which means you will need to use a liner when cooking small-particle foods (like rice, for example).
Zoie + Chloe 100% Natural Basket
Made out of the organic material, this brand comes with the supreme nature of eco-friendly products in a manner that it is great for the dim sums. With the health and cooking variety of foods, you are able to cook anything and everything with retaining the important nutrients and traps steam.
You can very easily use it over a saucepan and can easily retain the quick cooking with the inside wok. As per the consumer reports and the review on the market. The stackable baskets with the 100% natural bamboo contain no amount of metal or wires. The cost of the high-quality bamboo is simply marvelous and compels you for buying the product.
- Authentic design.
- Comes with cotton liners.
- Domed lid for an effective moisture absorption.
- Two stackable baskets.
- Fully natural construction, 100% bamboo.
- Comes in 2 different sizes (8-inch and 10-inch diameter).
- Has a strong bamboo smell upon arrival, might require some thorough steaming to be done before use.
- Not deep enough for some larger (taller) foods.
How to Use a Bamboo Steamer for the First Time
So, you have finally got yourself a good bamboo steamer basket. But how do you use it? Here are some helpful tips you should definitely check out:
- Before actually cooking your dumplings or anything else, you need to wash all your Asian steamer parts in a warm soapy water, soak them in hot water for around 30 minutes, and then steam the empty pots and the lid for another 30 minutes.
- To start cooking, fill the steamer pan with water (around 0.5 inches below the bottom of the basket) and bring it to boil. Make sure that you keep an eye on the water level and don’t let it run dry when cooking in your steamer.
- Once the water starts to boil, arrange the food in the baskets and place them on top of the pot. Cover them with the lid (and make sure that it sits tightly), and cook until your meal is done. It’s that simple!
- When arranging your food in the baskets, make sure that you leave some space between the pieces. This will allow the steam to circulate around, resulting in a well-cooked food.
- When staking the baskets on each other, put the food that takes longer to cook at the bottom.
Bamboo Steamer vs Metal Steamer
Some people believe that cooking food in bamboo steamers can help preserve all the nutrients (unlike when using metal food steamers). However, that’s not true.
Still, there are some differences between these two kinds of steamers:
- During cooking, a bamboo steamer will absorb some of the moisture, preventing it from condensing on the lid and dropping back into the food (which always happens with metal steamers).
- Bamboo steamers are less expensive than the metal ones (in the majority of cases).
- Bamboo is a natural and eco-efficient material. Therefore, if you care about the environment, such a steamer would be a good option for you.
How to Clean Bamboo Steamer
If you want your bamboo wooden steamer to serve you for a long time, you need to remember about regular cleaning. Here are some tips and rules you might find helpful:
- Always read the cleaning guidelines when you buy your new Chinese steamer. Different models have their own peculiarities, and manufacturers always try to warn us about them.
- Rinse the steamer right after cooking. Use hot water and a soft cloth, and avoid wetting the baskets too much (try wiping them with a wet cloth instead).
- You can use a small, soft brush to clean the food that’s stuck to the wooden parts of your steamer.
- It is best to avoid cleaning detergents and soaps since bamboo tends to soak up the smell of those. However, when hot water isn’t enough, you can use a mild cleaning solution. Just make sure you use a tiny bit of it.
- Leave the steamer parts in a nicely ventilated room to air dry, and you’re done!
Cool Recipes to Cook with a Bamboo Steamer
One of the coolest things about bamboo steamers is that you can cook almost anything in them, including chicken, dumplings (for an awesome Chinese dumpling soup, for example), vegetable rolls, fish, etc. The list of bamboo steamer recipes is impressively long, which means you’ll find many recipes to your taste.
Here are a couple of quick and simple recipe ideas you might enjoy:
- Dumplings. The great thing about this recipe is that you can use any stuffing you want (we really love shrimp). When handling the dough, you can coat the work area with some vegetable oil to prevent sticking. The steaming time is around 15 minutes.
- Dim Sum. There are hundreds of dim sum variations, but we are the huge fans of the Lotus Leaf wraps. Fill the lotus leaves with some sticky rice, dried mushrooms, salt, a drop of rice wine, and maybe some small bits of chicken breasts if you want. Steam for 13-15 minutes.
- Lemon chicken. Marinate the boneless meat in some dry wine, 1 tbsp. of soy sauce, 1 tbsp. of oyster sauce, and 1 tsp. or brown sugar for around 20 minutes. Then, steam the chicken until it cooks through (you can check it by pocking it with a knife). Spritz it with some fresh lemon juice, add some cooked brown rice as a side dish, and enjoy!