If you are fond of music, you would definitely look out for the best 6×9 speakers that bring you a warm, rich bass and rich sound. Well, there are a number of products in the market, and you need to be skeptical about the choice. So, when you look out for the ideal speaker for entertainment, the quality of sound is something that matters a lot. With so many products around on the market, you need to go through the consumer reports. When you know the high-grade products, you can make the purchase decision wisely. Here are the reviews for best 6×9 car speakers 2018 that you will find beneficial.
- 1 Top-Rated 6×9 Car Speakers
- 2 Jl Audio C2-690tx 6×9-Inch 3-Way Speakers
- 3 Rockford Fosgate R169X3 6×9 Subwoofer Speaker
- 4 Kicker 40CS6934 6 by 9 Inch Stereo Audio
- 5 Rockford Fosgate Punch P1692 2-Way Speakers with Deep Bass
- 6 New Kenwood KFC-6965S: Powerful Model under $100
- 7 BOSS AUDIO R94 4-Way
- 8 Kicker DS693 Component Door Speakers
- 9 Alpine SPS-619 6×9 Coaxial Speaker Set for Sound Quality
- 10 JBL GTO938 Loudspeakers
- 11 BOSS AUDIO NX694 Onyx 4 Ohms Full Range Speakers
- 12 New Pioneer TS-G6945R: The Loudest Shallow Mount Speakers
- 13 What to Look For When Buying the 6×9 Speakers?
Top-Rated 6×9 Car Speakers
Jl Audio C2-690tx 6×9-Inch 3-Way Speakers
Frequency Range: 53 – 22000 Hz.
Power Handling: 15 – 125 Watts Power Range.
Sensitivity: 93 dB.
When you look out for speakers with good bass, this is the ideal product for you. It has a clear sound and is good for rock or metal tracks. The tone is good, and you will like the melody it produces. The tweeters are not too bright, and the speaker is compatible with most of the cars. It comes as a pair, and the power consumption is 125 watts. The device has an impedance of 4 ohms. The silk domes of the tweeters are nice in appearance and the 3-way speakers will give you the best returns in terms of quality sound.
- C2-690tx is one of the highest-rated 6×9 car speakers with an overall product rating of 88%. It has the capability to deliver a good mid-range and highs audio quality.
- These 6×9 speakers can deliver the best quality sounds at a full range without distortion. Depending on your setup, performance can vary, however.
- The product was made with a fashionable slim design that perfectly fits most cars.
- Being one of the top-rated 6×9 speakers out there, expect the product to cost a little more than your average products.
Rockford Fosgate R169X3 6×9 Subwoofer Speaker
Frequency Range: 47 – 20000 Hz.
Power Handling: 65 – 130 Watts Power Range.
Sensitivity: 90 dB.
This is another great set of 3-way speakers that you can purchase for your car. It has a great bass and you will enjoy listening to music on this device. The kit also includes the mounting device and it has an RMS of 65 Watts. It needs one 12-volt battery and weighs around 6.4 pounds. Although the overall reviews are good, a resonance chamber, placed at the back, improves the sound quality. There are spade terminals on a set of wire that come along with the product.
- The Rockford Fosgate R169x3 is one of the best 6×9 speakers for bass. You can crank it all the way up with little to no distortions.
- The product is Klippel verified. This simply means the speaker has gone through various performance tests and passed with flying colors.
- The product has a clean and attractive design with high-quality grilles.
- These high end 6×9 speakers for bass is priced at just under $50. Cheaper than most of its competitors.
- The holes meant for mounting is not compatible with some vehicle brands. You may need to drill extra holes.
Kicker 40CS6934 6 by 9 Inch Stereo Audio
Frequency Range: 30 – 20000 Hz.
Power Handling: 2 – 150 Watts RMS Power range at a maximum of 450 watts.
Sensitivity: 92 dB.
This is a top-rated speaker system for your car that comes within the average budget and produces high-quality sound. The 150 Watt RMS device is a reliable device to entertain you with a great sound quality. The stereophonic sound will just blow your mind when you get in touch with the device. It is one of the top-rated products in the market and fits the cars easily. It has an overall good review and when you buy it, you will get the right value for your money.
- Even without an amp, the bass of these speakers sounds great. According to some customer reviews, they sound even better at a higher volume.
- Easy to install and reliable components used for a better performance and sturdier built.
- These speakers provide precise and superior audio quality with its ½” PEI balanced-dome tweeter. To add, its 2-inch Dome midrange also helps with midrange audio.
- Kicker 40CS6934 could have been a contender to be the best sounding 6×9 speakers in the world if not for its low-quality stock wires.
Rockford Fosgate Punch P1692 2-Way Speakers with Deep Bass
Frequency Range: 60 – 22000 Hz.
Power Handling: 75-150 Watts Power Range.
Sensitivity: 91 dB.
These are some of the best speakers with good bass that you can get at an affordable price. In fact, it is one of the best speakers under $100 that provides you with superb sound quality. The basket design is flexible and includes an adapter plate. It has 75 Watt RMS and the capacity to handle 150 watts of power. The tweeter comes with a PEI dome, and there is a crossover in it. It comes to you at the best price.
- Punch P1692 is made by a brand that’s been in the industry for over 30 years. An experience not to be underestimated when providing good loudspeakers or competitive 6×9 speakers.
- These speakers are very well-received by its thousands of customers by having a product rating of 84%. Highly recommended as shallow mount speakers.
- The product is designed with a Flex Fit Frame for utilizing slots. This gives it more option for adjustments when mounting.
- These are good speakers with deep bass as mentioned by many 6×9 speaker reviews.
- Unfortunately, these powerful 2-way speakers are not the loudest speakers. It is possible to crank it up but you may experience distortions.
New Kenwood KFC-6965S: Powerful Model under $100
Frequency Range: 30 – 22000 Hz.
Power Handling: 45 Watts with peak power at 400 Watts.
Sensitivity: 92 dB.
This is a set of four 6×9″ speakers that come to you under $100. These coaxial speakers have a warm and heavy sounding and have one-inch ceramic tweeters. The grills are included in the pack and the dome-shaped PEI balanced tweeter is something that will blow your mind. The 6 x 9-Inch speakers can handle a power of 400 watts each. The total weight of the package is around 10.5 pounds. The bass is great and the overall review of the product is quite good.
- New Kenwood KFC-6965S is the one to purchase if you’re looking for a speaker with good audio quality. To top it off, you get all 4 speakers for a single purchase.
- Considering the number of speakers included in the package, it is considered as one of the cheap 6×9 speakers.
- It is one of the few speakers that produce good midrange with its 2-inch PEI Balanced Dome Tweeter.
- Not the best speaker for bass and sound quality but certainly is decent. Sound quality is actually good, but the bass makes this product “just” good instead of being great.
BOSS AUDIO R94 4-Way
Frequency Range: 50 – 20000 Hz.
Power Handling: 250 Watts with Peak power at 500 Watts.
This is good 6×9 speakers for your car and the model has the capacity to handle 250 watts of power each. The latest technology provides high-quality music with a good bass. The sensitivity of it is 92dB and the frequency response is 50 Hz-20 kHz. The surrounding area is made of rubber and the Myler dome speakers’ measure 2.5 inches each. There is also a warranty for three years and you will definitely like the product.
- There’s no denying that BOSS is one of the best brands to produce audio systems. This is somewhat an assurance of getting a high-quality 6×9 speakers for your car.
- The product is surprisingly priced just under $20. That makes it one of the cheapest, high-performing speakers out there.
- The product has a good audio quality at full range, even at higher operating temperatures. Also needs mentioning, it has an impressive high RMS at 250 watts.
- They are perfect for temporary replacements or starter speakers, but not the best sounding speaker you can get. You may have to expand your budget options to get better ones sadly.
Kicker DS693 Component Door Speakers
Frequency Range: 30 – 20000 Hz.
Power Handling: 6 – 70 Watts with Peak power at 140 Watts.
Sensitivity: 92 dB.
You will like the component speakers that provide you with great music in the cars. This option comes to you with the entire package of mounting hardware, wires, and grills. When you consider the quality of sound it produces, you will find it to be quite cheap. It has an impedance of 4 ohms and an impedance of 92dB. The set of speakers weigh around 10 pounds and have a warranty of two years. The mounting depth is reduced in the device and you will find it easy to fix in the car.
- With an incredible 90% product rating, Kicker DS693 will definitely one of the best choices as car stereo speakers or quality door speakers. Grilles and its mounting hardware also come with the package.
- This is one of the few 6×9 speakers that offers a 2-year long limited warranty. Most of its competitors usually offer just a year long.
- These speakers produce one of the cleanest and crisp sounds.
- The product doesn’t have a good bass but simply a decent one. You can make it better with an extra 6×9 subwoofer.
Alpine SPS-619 6×9 Coaxial Speaker Set for Sound Quality
Frequency Range: 65 – 23000 Hz.
Power Handling: 85 Watts with peak at 260 Watts.
Sensitivity: 90 dB.
This is a nice product with the capacity of handling 85 watts of power for each of the speakers. The sound quality is quite good and the frequency response is 65 to 23,000Hz. With an impedance of 4 Ohms, these are great 3-way speakers that come to you within your budget. It comes with solid wiring and other accessories and provides the right value for your money.
- The Alpine SPS-619 Coaxial speaker set has a great range of impressive tone quality. Even at a lower or higher power level, the quality of its audio doesn’t deteriorate. That is in comparison to most of its competitions which are able to handle only midrange audios.
- It simply is one of those six by nines speakers that sounds great even without amps or extra subwoofers. It already has a crisp and loud audio quality.
- This one has the potential to be the best and most powerful speakers when amplified. In fact, it is already one of the best 6×9 speakers under $100.
- The package does not include grilles and does not produce the best bass among its competitors.
JBL GTO938 Loudspeakers
Frequency Range: 45 – 21000 Hz.
Power Handling: 100 Watts with peak power at 300 Watts (Each).
Sensitivity: 94 dB.
These are component speakers and are easy to install. Coming to the sound quality, it provides awesome grades of music, and you will definitely like the set of speakers for sheer entertainment in your cars. You will need a 12-volt battery to operate the speakers, and they weigh around 4.4 pounds each. You can install them in all the four corners and within half an hour, the installation process will be completed.
- The JBL GTO938 is one of the loudest, yet clean-sounding 6 by 9 component speakers out on the market. As can be seen, by its hundreds of customer reviews, it is not an overstatement.
- It is a loudspeaker that provides adjustable tweeter and super tweeter. This gives the users a little freedom to configure how they want their audio quality to sound like.
- These speakers are able to produce crisp highs and good bass with no mudding sounds.
- The price tag could have been lowered. With competitions that are quite good and are priced just under $80, it is quite hard to choose between a good one and a slightly better one.
BOSS AUDIO NX694 Onyx 4 Ohms Full Range Speakers
Frequency Range: 45 – 20000 Hz.
Power Handling: 400 Watts with peak power at 800 Watts (Pair).
Sensitivity: 92 dB.
This is a great brand providing you with good 6×9 speakers. You will like the design, and the look of the product is smart enough. You can use them in your car, and they will deliver some of the best quality music. The bass is really good, and the speakers fit in the vehicles without many hitches. These have a warranty of three years and you need to buy them in pairs. The model has a mounting depth of around 84 mm. and the poly injection cone makes it one of the best products in the market. The aluminum voice coil yields great quality music from the speakers.
- The Boss Audio NX694 is one of the full-range car speakers at a very cheap price just under $30. Don’t underestimate its audio quality, however, they are still a beast in terms of crispiness and bass.
- This component is given 3-year platinum online dealer warranty. That is quite a generous gesture since most warranties go between 6 months up to only a year.
- It works great even without amps. Moreover, they are conveniently easy to install.
- They may be a good replacement for your stock speakers, but you could get better audio quality by extending your budget for up to at least $50.
New Pioneer TS-G6945R: The Loudest Shallow Mount Speakers
Frequency Range: 27 – 40000 Hz.
Power Handling: 40 – 300 Watts RMS power.
Sensitivity: 90 dB.
If you’re looking for a shallow mount speaker that could satisfy your audio preferences, this Pioneer 6×9 speakers might just be the one you’re after. With a good audio quality and at a cheap price at that, you can’t get any better deal than this. It is also worth mentioning that the product is well-received by its customers with a good 84% product rating. In fact, it is one of the most recommended loudspeakers for your car when on a budget.
It is true that credibility of the brand is one factor that determines how good a product is. Since Pioneer has been in the audio systems industry 1938, you can bet you’ll be getting one of the highest quality speakers. With 300 watts of maximum power and 40 KHz maximum frequency response, it is probably one of the most powerful 2-way speakers out there.
- Very affordable and highly reliable, the TS-G6945R is one of the best 6×9 speakers with a good bass you can get off the market.
- These are perfect for your front or rear door speakers and stereo speakers. Somewhat slim with dimensions of 6 x 9 x 3 inches. It doesn’t have too much distortion at very high volumes and even without amps.
- With its affordable price, these speakers are highly recommended by customers when planning on replacing your stock audio system.
- Seen from other site reviews, it has received complaints about compatibility issues with their vehicles. It is best to know your vehicle’s compatibility with this audio system before purchasing one.
What to Look For When Buying the 6×9 Speakers?
Looking for the best 6 x 9 auto speakers can be a challenge when you don’t know what you’re looking for. What people don’t realize is that you don’t have to learn everything about car audio systems to get the best. Just learning a few important features and specifications is all it takes.
Most consumers usually take notice of a speaker’s peak power, which is not the best course of action. Even some reviews make it sound very important instead of a speaker’s RMS. One should always check the RMS rating of the speakers. It simply means the continuous average power output a speaker can produce without having to worry about damages.
Peak power, on the other hand, these are the maximum number of power that a speaker can handle for a quick second. Having high power than its peak power would no doubt fry up your amplifiers. But since these are rarely occurring, it’s nothing to worry about.
To put simply, the sensitivity rating of a speaker component determines how loud a speaker can produce per watt. That being said, when a speaker’s sensitivity rating is at 90 dB, that means it can produce a sound that loud per watt. If you want to go louder, you will need to get higher powered speakers.
What you might want to know is that the higher the sensitivity rating is, the better. 92 dB or higher is what audio experts recommend to get the best quality. Below 84 sensitivity rating is considered to have poor audio quality.
Full Frequency Range
Frequency ranges are a little complicated than just numbers in a graph. Basically, they are the measurement on how low the bass audio can get and how high the treble can reach. So, having a low range of 20 Hz can give you a very low bass note, while having 30,000 Hz can give you a very high treble note.
These are somewhat important factors if you are an audiophile, but not too much if you just want to listen to good music without too much distortion. That’s because it takes more than frequency ranges to determine how crisp and how smooth an audio will come out.
Design & Materials
Some may not know this but the design and materials used can also help provide better sound quality. It also determines how durable your speakers can be. Woofer materials usually have an impact on how accurate a sound is produced. Stiffer materials are the better option for a good bass response. Tweeter materials, on the other hand, will determine how refined and smooth your highs and basses are. Hard materials are best for your highs.
Installing 6×9 Inch Car Speakers
The 6×9 audio component in cars has a different compatibility. You might want to check if it does support a certain product before purchasing. Also, you might want to take note that some speakers are better used as a stereo speaker rather than a door speaker.