AC1200 vs AC1600 vs AC1750 vs AC1900: Which One is the Best?
If there’s one thing technology changed for the better it’s Wi-Fi connection. Do you remember the days you had to use a wire connection enabled device to be able to browse on the Internet? I’m sure you’ll agree that Wi-Fi routers have made it much easier to connect to the Internet.
Selecting a Wi-Fi router can be confusing with all the different options available. For instance when doing an AC1600 vs AC1900 comparison which one is most suitable for larger homes?
Wi-Fi routers offer different features that might leave you asking the question what router is the best option for you? We’ve compared different devices to enable you to do a router comparison based on a wealth of information. Let’s dig in.
- 1 AC1200 vs AC1600 vs AC1750 vs AC1900: What the Numbers Mean & What’s the Difference?
- 2 The Best Recommended AC1200 Routers
- 3 NETGEAR AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi Router
- 4 TP-Link Archer AC1200 Dual-Band Gigabit
- 5 The Best-Rated AC1600 Routers
- 6 NETGEAR AC1600 (R6250)
- 7 Lynksys AC1600 (EA6400)
- 8 The Top-Rated AC1750 Routers
- 9 NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 (R6700)
- 10 Linksys AC1750 Wireless Router with MU-MIMO (EA7300)
- 11 The Most Popular AC1900 Wireless Routers
- 12 NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (R7000)
- 13 ASUS AC1900 (RT-AC68U)
- 14 Difference Between Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 & AC1900
- 15 Netgear AC1200 vs AC1900
AC1200 vs AC1600 vs AC1750 vs AC1900: What the Numbers Mean & What’s the Difference?
When making an AC1200 vs AC1750 vs AC1900 routers comparison you can easily get confused. So what does it all ultimately mean?
The main difference between the routers is the speed at which they operate. The AC in the beginning of the name lets you know that the router is supported by the 802.11AC network.
Basically, the router offers fast Wi-Fi connections on the 5GHz & 2.4GHZfrequency. The number after the letters AC tell you the speed the router operates at. In other words, AC1200 will have a combined speed of 1200Mbps whereas AC1900 will have a speed of 1900Mbps.
This router offers you fast wireless connection speed. The router has combined bands of 2.2GHz & 5GHz to give you an average speed of 1167Mbps.
The router is compatible with A, B, N & G support wireless technologies. Are you frustrated with Wi-Fi interference due to high traffic radio waves? The AC1200 routers are able to withstand slow traffic allowing you to have an uninterrupted internet connection.
The AC1600 is great for connecting 10 or more wireless devices with a speed of 1600Mbps hence the name. You can enjoy uninterrupted Internet even with all your devices connected to this router.
This router has a total speed of 1750Mbps. The 5GHz band is 1300Mbps & the 2.4GHz is 450Mbps. This high-speed Wi-Fi router easily overcomes high traffic congestion so you can have access to the fast uninterrupted Internet.
The speed for these routers is 1.3 Gbps or 1300Mbps for a 5GHz AC band. The 2.4Gbps band includes an additional 600Mbps. The total speed thus amounts to 1900Mbps.
The Best Recommended AC1200 Routers
NETGEAR AC1200 Smart Wi-Fi Router
Do you love gaming or streaming videos on the Internet? The AC1200 Wi-Fi router offers external antennas to improve your Wi-Fi coverage. You’ll have the guest network option for secure access. The NETGEAR genie app allows you to manage your network. This is the perfect router for any size home.
You’ll need systems such as Microsoft Windows, Vista, Xp, 2000, Mac, UNIX, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0 & Safari 1.4. & Google Chrome.
- Fast router: The external antennas deliver fast speed.
- Large coverage: This router will provide uninterrupted coverage even in large homes.
- Easy network management: The NETGEAR genie app allows you to manage your Wi-Fi easily.
- Less interference: The simultaneous dual band will ensure smooth operation with reduced interference.
- Affordable: This router will cost you under $100.
- Manual updates: The Wi-Fi doesn’t have automatic software updates.
- Difficult set up: Starting this system including the set up can be challenging.
TP-Link Archer AC1200 Dual-Band Gigabit
Are you looking for a reliable company when selecting your Wi-Fi router? TP-Link has been voted the number one consumer brand in the world. You can easily manage your Wi-Fi from your mobile device using the TP-Link Tether app.
You can use multiple devices at once with the four Gigabit Ethernet ports. You’ll be impressed with uninterrupted viewings or gaming due to the processor that balances the demands of your devices seamlessly.
Some of the system requirements you’ll need to include Microsoft Windows 98SE, Vista, XP, Mac OS & Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
- Strong signal: Three beamforming antennas will offer stronger coverage.
- Device Connection: The dual 2.4 GHz & 5GHz Wi-Fi bands allow you to connect multiple devices.
- Uninterrupted connection: The intelligent balanced processor will ensure seamless connection.
- Easy usage: The Android iOS Thether app allows for easy Wi-Fi control.
- Extra features: You’ll have access to extra features such as parental control.
- Assistance: TP-Link will offer you 24/7 technical support.
- Connectivity: The 2.4GhZ network has been reported to have connection problems.
The Best-Rated AC1600 Routers
NETGEAR AC1600 (R6250)
If you’re looking for a fast internet router, you’re at the right place. The NETGEAR router offers super fast download speed of 300 +1300 Mbps. Dual band technology allows you to cover every corner of your home with Wi-Fi no matter the size of the house.
The NETGEAR genie App allows you to easily share & view your files using the USB adapter. Control & manage your Wi-Fi network from your iPhone, iPad or PC.
Do you have more than eight devices you’d like to connect to your Wi-Fi? The NETGEAR router is the perfect router for up to ten or more connected devices with the 800Mhz processor. Some of the systems you’ll need to operate this Wi-Fi include Microsoft Windows, Android, Mac OS, Vista & Unix.
- Compatibility: Compatible & backward compatible with Wi-Fi devices.
- Streaming: You can enjoy full HD streaming.
- Fast speed: You’ll have the benefit of the fast Internet with the 300 + 1300Mbps speed.
- Connectivity: The dual core 800Mhz processor band delivers optimal connection.
- Large homes: This device is ideal for bigger homes & you can connect more than 10 devices to this Wi-Fi.
- Updates & speed: You might have slower Internet during Wi-Fi updates.
Lynksys AC1600 (EA6400)
The four gigabit Ethernet ports will provide you with 10 x faster speed than standard Ethernet ports. Enjoy 10 x faster file transfer with the 3.0 USB port. Connect your game console to the Linksys universal media connector & enjoy hours of buffer free fun. You’ll have less interference with the 5GHz band.
Upgrade your laptop & stream HD videos three x faster than Wireless-N. The beamforming features provide optimal signal strength. System requirements include Android, Mac, Unix & Windows 8, 8.1, 10.
- Easy usage: The Linksys smart app allows for easy Wi-Fi setup & management.
- Connectivity: Four antennas for smooth connectivity.
- Customize: This Wi-Fi unit is wall mountable.
- Fast operation: This device offers 1300 Wireless speed.
- Glitch-free: High powered signal amplifiers ensure ultimate performance.
- Streaming: This router has draft 802.11 AC technology for high-quality streaming.
- Security: You can easily stay in control with features such as parental control settings.
- Compatibility: It’s not compatible with dd-wrt firmware.
The Top-Rated AC1750 Routers
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 (R6700)
Spyware. Not something you’d want to think of when installing a Wi-Fi router. Hacking is unfortunate a reality. The Netgear Nighthawk allows you to set your privacy settings so you’ll be able to use your Internet whilst maintaining high security. Enjoy ultimate performance with the dual core processor.
You’ll have lag-free gaming, streaming or mobile usage with the beamforming features. You can back up all your personal files with the automatic free back up software. This router will allow you to connect more than 12 devices to the Internet without any interruptions.
You’ll need systems such as Mac OS, UNIX & NetWare.
- Streaming: This router is perfect for streaming music & videos with the 600 + 1300Mbps speed.
- Customizing options: You can select & change your privacy settings & you’ll have automatic software backup.
- Better signal: The three antennas make this a great device to use in larger homes. You’ll be able to enjoy full coverage & high speed.1 x USB 2.0 & 1 x USB 3.0 port.
- Software: This Wi-Fi offers automatic back up.
- Heat: The router heats up quickly.
Linksys AC1750 Wireless Router with MU-MIMO (EA7300)
Mu-MIMO is short for multi-user, multiple input, multiple output. Connect all your devices to the Wi-Fi & enjoy buffer, lag-free usage. The dual band wireless-AC delivers fast & reliable speed with the 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz bands.
You can stream 4K videos without being uninterrupted as the dual core processor manages network trafficking. Use the smart Wi-Fi app to control access to your Wi-Fi. Required systems you’ll need include iOS, Android, UNIX & NetWare.
- No overheating: Don’t be worried about your Wi-Fi producing too much heat with the operating temperature of 0 – 40 °C.
- Operation: Enjoy the quality Internet with the beamforming technology.
- User-friendly: The smart Wi-Fi app allows you to control your Wi-Fi via your smartphone.
- Newest technology: Next generation Wi-Fi multi-user technology will allow you to connect more devices.
- Buffer: Although this Wi-Fi is for multiple users it can be slower when you try to connect more than 10 devices at once.
The Most Popular AC1900 Wireless Routers
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (R7000)
Features such as down & upstream QoS allows you to play games, watch movies or listen to your music without having to worry about interruptions. The high powered amplifiers & external antennas will improve your streaming quality & give you better coverage.
So you’re not very tech savvy? That’s not a problem. The myopenrouter website will offer you open source support to guide you every step of the way. Your files are kept safe with the free automatic back up software. Some system requirements this device needs include Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Google Chrome 11.0, Safari 1.4, Firefox 2.0.
- Fast Internet: You’ll be able to enjoy fast streaming with the 600+1300 Mbps speed.
- Installation: This Wi-Fi will make setup easy with automatic installation.
- Macs benefits: This device is time machine compatible for Macs only.
- Windows benefits: This router offers backup software for Windows PC.
- More extra’s: This Wi-Fi offers you extra features such as the built-in iTunes server.
- Coverage: The amplifiers & antennas will give you extra Wi-Fi coverage.
- Cable issues: The ethernet cable doesn’t have a tight fit into the router & can create connection problems.
ASUS AC1900 (RT-AC68U)
Technology can be great. It can also be a security hazard. The Aiprotection powered by Trend Micro prevents hackers from transmitting your personal data & any future security threats from invading your privacy.
The AiMesh feature allows you to connect multiple ASUS routers at once. The Dual-core CPU enables you to multitask by using separate USB & Wi-Fi lanes. Set up is made easy with the ASUSWRT web-based interface. A few systems are required such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mac OS & Google Chrome.
- Speed: This router offers you fast internet speed of 1900Mbps.
- Easy Installation: This router offers fast & effortless installation.
- Security: The AiProtection powered by Trend Micro will keep your information safe from hackers.
- Quality promise: This router offers a two-year warranty.
- Customer support: The customer service after purchasing this device aren’t always up to standard.
Difference Between Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 & AC1900
Let’s look at some information about the Netgear AC1750 vs AC1900. The Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 & AC1900 are very similar devices. The main similarity is the nighthawk app that you can operate your Wi-Fi system from.
In the AC1750 vs AC1900 comparison you’ll find a few main differences including the speed you can expect from each device:
- The AC1750 offers 1750Mpbs.
- The AC1900 offers a speed of 1900Mpbs.
The AC1900 offers an additional processor downstream & upstream QoS to the1GHz dual core. It also offers extra features such as the free backup software for Windows PC and includes Time Machine compatibility for Macs. It further makes installation easier with the opensource support it offers.
The AC1900 is more user-friendly than the AC1750. That being said for the minor differences you’ll have to pay a little more for the AC1900 than you would for the AC1750. The price difference is not significant but might be a deal breaker if you’re shopping on a budget.
Netgear AC1200 vs AC1900
Both the Netgear AC1200 & the Netgear AC1900 offers you a variety of features so you might be asking what’s the difference? Let’s look at some of the similarities first. Both these routers allow you to use the Nightwalk app. This is a great extra feature to run speed tests or to control your internet access.
Both routers require the same system software such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 and Safari 1.4. One of the main differences between these two routers are the speeds at which they operate. The AC1200 has a speed operation of 300 + 900Mbps. The AC1900 runs at a speed of 600 + 1300Mbps.
Netgear AC1200 vs AC1900 which one is the better option? The AC1900 offers 1GHz dual core processor functions along with beamforming technology. This allows you to have better Internet & streaming quality.
The more antennas the better, this is where the AC1900 beats the AC1200 to the punch. The AC1900 has three antennas where the AC1200 only has one. Important note: The AC1900 will cost you almost three times as much as the AC1200 will.